Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] And Now The Reality Check

el punal

After our wonderful first quarter of the season, and, unbelievably in fourth spot, we are now facing the two best teams (arguably) in the country. I’m hoping and praying that firstly we don’t repeat the error strewn performance at Norwich, and secondly that Man City have one of their “we haven’t got a striker” games.As for Liverpool - well, just hope they don’t do a Watford on us.

As for us, I’m reasonably confident that we’ll put in two good performances - I’m just not sure if the results will go our way. With our defence being Scrooge-like I reckon we might get a draw against City, 0-0 or 1-1. Liverpool at Anfield on the other hand will be a massive test of resolve. I can’t see us getting a win so a backs-against-the-wall draw would be magnificent.

Or, maybe, just maybe, we end up with the same results as the last time we played them. :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We've barely had a game in the PL where we've been absolutely battered score wise (other than that absolute dumpster fire against Bournemouth), that could be put to quite a severe test in the next two games

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We should do what we normally do try and play our game our way. They are 2 of the best sides in the world and any points will be a bonus. Worst case we are on 15 points after 10 games averaging 1.5 points a game. Saturday night fans will have a big part to play. Let’s get behind them be the 12th man and hope for a famous victory

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We don’t need to win any of those games, let’s face it we won’t be hanging around the top half for much longer if Norwich was anything to go by. Whatever GP said at half time it clearly didn’t work woefully bad second half.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I back us to play well in both games. Maybe we will get something, maybe we won't

Home advantage is back with a vengeance so I think the Norwich result wasn't bad and City offers us our best chance out of the two matches.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Man City I am confident we can get something . They will be playing their CL game in Belgium on Tuesday nite so surely must rotate some players . I know all the Man City squad is top notch but slightly easier if the likes of KDB & RS hopefully not on the pitch !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We don’t need to win any of those games, let’s face it we won’t be hanging around the top half for much longer if Norwich was anything to go by. Whatever GP said at half time it clearly didn’t work woefully bad second half.

We should be beating shit like Norwich 3 nil easy eh... honestly when will some people be happy with our play and position..

We were not great... agreed, away point, thanks very much, another clean sheet, thanks very much.

I do wish people would look for the positive more and just step back for 5 seconds and look at the overall picture.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
City were held to a goalless draw by Southampton a few weeks ago. They made hard work of beating Burnley. And we beat them a few months back (admittedly in a dead rubber). I don't think we should fear them.

Liverpool with Salah on fire though is a totally different prospect.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We should be beating shit like Norwich 3 nil easy eh... honestly when will some people be happy with our play and position..

We were not great... agreed, away point, thanks very much, another clean sheet, thanks very much.

I do wish people would look for the positive more and just step back for 5 seconds and look at the overall picture.

Dont hold your breath when it comes to that muppet..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We’ll do well to keep either of them down to a 2 goal margin. Either way I expect the usual suspects to lay into the performances unless we win them both. I do wonder why some of our fans bother, moaning about our performances seems to be a way of life for them. We are BHA and we are not going to rip teams a new one more than two or three times a season, unless we get really lucky is my attitude to games against anyone outside the top six. Any points against the top six is a bonus and quite exhilarating to me. A win is ecstasy, however it’s achieved

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

No point arguing with "Justice". He's an attention seeker who isn't interested in a debate and just wants attention or an argument. Don't bother engaging is my advice.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Everton was a reality check. Norwich was a reality check. The next 2 games are what they are - tough, and we'll be extremely luck to get anything from them. However i think we've seen enough to be able to at least hope for, actually expect, a mid table finish as opposed to a relegation struggle.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's obvious, but Bissouma would make a huge difference to the outcome of these two games.

You're right of course, but I feel the same way about Webster, tbh. I love Shane Duffy for what he's done here but if we play him in either match, the ball is going to just keep coming back at us. Say what you like about Duffy's merits but in games like these you need your defenders to be superb with the ball at their feet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You're right of course, but I feel the same way about Webster, tbh. I love Shane Duffy for what he's done here but if we play him in either match, the ball is going to just keep coming back at us. Say what you like about Duffy's merits but in games like these you need your defenders to be superb with the ball at their feet.

Agree, there are matches where Duffy is just what we need, the next two aren’t. I have my doubts that Webster will be back for either of them though. I was very surprised to see Biss on the bench, I wonder if that was GP putting a virtual arm around him and keeping him involved with the squad in what must be a tough time for him. The game was crying out for him to play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here