Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Glentoran 'keeper

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Outfield player should do the same to him next time he makes a mistake – see how he likes it :dunce:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Only a week ago he was tweeting that we should "be kind and loving"...

20211017_164148.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Harsh on the keeper I don't think it was intentional.
From another angle he totally missed the player who then dived.
A booking for the player would have been the right decision, ref was definitely a homer.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Only a week ago he was tweeting that we should "be kind and loving"...

View attachment 141338

Interesting. I wonder if he was reflecting his own state of mind in the Tweet and is having some difficulties himself. At first, I thought he should be sacked from the club but, on reflection maybe he is having some other turmoil in his personal life that just bubbled over.

D

Deleted member 2719

I remember Danny Cullip cuffing Robbie Pethic around the head against Swindon at their place.

I could not believe it Pethic did not react.

I had the odd barny with a player on my side, mostly on the training ground.

Anyone else had a bit of a scuffle with their own team???

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Yep, I once got sent off for clumping our centre forward after HE had scored, as he gave it Billy Big Bollocks about "that's how you finish" - I saw red and smacked him, then saw red from the ref.

To make matters worse the league I was playing in didn't suspend for a number of games, but a number of weeks - my 4 week ban meant I missed 8 games as we had a fixture backlog and I missed out on a League winners medal, having not played enough games!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yep, I once got sent off for clumping our centre forward after HE had scored, as he gave it Billy Big Bollocks about "that's how you finish" - I saw red and smacked him, then saw red from the ref.

To make matters worse the league I was playing in didn't suspend for a number of games, but a number of weeks - my 4 week ban meant I missed 8 games as we had a fixture backlog and I missed out on a League winners medal, having not played enough games!

Do you tell people it wouldn’t have happened without your contribution?

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I seem to remember Eric Steel and Gary Williams once doing something similar once at Old Trafford

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I remember Danny Cullip cuffing Robbie Pethic around the head against Swindon at their place.

I'm embarrassed to admit I left a team mate in tears after chewing him out during a friendly match when I ran my college department team. I was a bit of a nightmare back then. Who could possibly have known? :facepalm:

And....exhale. :lolol: :thumbsup:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's probably about more than one incident. I would guess he was unhappy with previous performances or actions within the game. The full context is important.

Personally, I'm never too concerned to see it. I captained a couple of teams back in the day, I would dish out some abuse to the boys when they didn't perform or if they didn't chase back, etc. I never decked one of them, but there were times it was close. If you care about the game, your team or your club then these things can happen. When nobody cares, they don't. Clearly, the man needs to better express himself but in the heat of the moment, it happens.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Now that explains a lot. I always vividly recall a home game where Pethick failed to ' win it ' as usually entreated by Cullip. Virtually everyone in the ground heard Danny exclaim ' switch on you dozy cxxt '

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Do you tell people it wouldn’t have happened without your contribution?

Weirdly yes, it was a great team build up and centre forward was left with a simple tap in. You would think he had scored a goal like that goal by Maradonna against England in the World Cup, beating 8 men from his own half!

Unless you ARE said player, Ian Moody...!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Weirdly yes, it was a great team build up and centre forward was left with a simple tap in. You would think he had scored a goal like that goal by Maradonna against England in the World Cup, beating 8 men from his own half!

Unless you ARE said player, Ian Moody...!

Haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here