Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Ajax Way

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ajax have tracked down 25 people who tried to resell their ticket for Ajax v Dortmund for large profits.
Ajax have blocked their season tickets, given them a €450 fine and given them an 18 month stadium ban.

No doubt PB will be interested - although I don't believe the fine would be enforceable in England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah the old:-

'Portray Barber-out in the worst possible light, while ignoring the fact he works for St Bloom'.

I take it we didn't win yesterday?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Big difference between selling your ticket on to a mate at face value and touting for profit. I believe that the club has given out bans in the past when people have been caught doing this, haven’t they?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Ajax have tracked down 25 people who tried to resell their ticket for Ajax v Dortmund for large profits.
Ajax have blocked their season tickets, given them a €450 fine and given them an 18 month stadium ban.

No doubt PB will be interested - although I don't believe the fine would be enforceable in England.

Good for them. Well done Ajax.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Big difference between selling your ticket on to a mate at face value and touting for profit. I believe that the club has given out bans in the past when people have been caught doing this, haven’t they?

Yes they have. one was a young Youtuber, can't remember his name.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
How can they enforce a fine, unless some kind of negative credit balance?

A similar case went to the Dutch supreme court a few years ago: https://uitspraken.rechtspraak.nl/inziendocument?id=ECLI:NL:PHR:2016:207

Basically, the fine is there but if the defendant doesn't pay, no criminal charges can arise from the lack of payment. However, Ajax can theoretically ban the person for life until they pay the fine.

So not enforcable, but bearing in mind if they had Ajax season tickets they would have waited a long time for one (currently 35,000+ on the waiting list), so it's a costly mistake for a few bob.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
A similar case went to the Dutch supreme court a few years ago: https://uitspraken.rechtspraak.nl/inziendocument?id=ECLI:NL:PHR:2016:207

Basically, the fine is there but if the defendant doesn't pay, no criminal charges can arise from the lack of payment. However, Ajax can theoretically ban the person for life until they pay the fine.

So not enforcable, but bearing in mind if they had Ajax season tickets they would have waited a long time for one (currently 35,000+ on the waiting list), so it's a costly mistake for a few bob.

Thanks for clarifying

Had no idea their waiting list was so big!

el punal

I’m sure that Ajax have scoured the country looking for these naughty people who have now been taken to the cleaners for their misdeeds. So by acting with vim and vigour Ajax’s reputation is now spotless.

I shall now retire down the plug hole. :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here