Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1 goal in 3 games

TB B&W Army

Sep 30, 2021
Horsham
Are we forgetting that we had a stonewall penalty when Maupay was tripped in the first half. He maybe made too much of it, but there was definite contact and how VAR didnt overturn it... Score that and Naaarwich have to come out a bit, and then the game opens up a bit more and we take advantage. Yes Maupay missed an easy chance in the 2nd half, but surely he still has credit in the bank from THAT goal against Palarse. As others have said, playing against Citeh and Liverpool will suit our style much better. Can see us getting at least a point in each game
:albion2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Are we forgetting that we had a stonewall penalty when Maupay was tripped in the first half. He maybe made too much of it, but there was definite contact and how VAR didnt overturn it... Score that and Naaarwich have to come out a bit, and then the game opens up a bit more and we take advantage. Yes Maupay missed an easy chance in the 2nd half, but surely he still has credit in the bank from THAT goal against Palarse. As others have said, playing against Citeh and Liverpool will suit our style much better. Can see us getting at least a point in each game
:albion2:

i do agree but Norwich were not really passive. The crowd were with them throughout which also helped them

Our goalscoring is an issue , we just had some luck. We all knew this though.

Defence helping

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
First of all, this isn’t meant to be overly negative at all as our points total and league position are amazing and I think Potter is fantastic. And obviously we’ve only conceded 1 in those 3 games so defensively we’re very good.

But looking for constructive ways to improve, 1 goal in 3 games against very mediocre opposition is not great if we’re looking to try and consolidate a top half position. Where do we think we can improve this with the players we have available?

For one, I would like to see Mac Allister used a bit more as I think he is a really clever player who gets in really dangerous positions and always looks to move forward. Personally I would rather he than Gross at the moment.

And two, I would like to see someone else taking the set pieces. With Dunk, Duffy, Webster and or Burn in the middle we really should be looking to score more than we do from these - 1 goal from corners from 8 games so far. Gross’s delivery has generally been really poor from quite a few opportunities so far this season. When Trossard and March have taken them we have looked more dangerous.

Any other suggestions?

Any chance to leave out Pascal…..��

I actually agree but think Lallana should be under greater scrutiny as his performances aren’t at the same level of last year.

As for forwards regardless of [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and usual suspects comment (guess I’m one), we do need to sign one, nothing has changed, Maupay is offering more for me this season, though still struggles at times, but he needs a capable partner and the cupboard is bare. It is too early for Ferguson and Tolaj, but they are both very promising.

Trossard is on fire, but maybe in tandem with MacAllister we might offer more, see goal at Brentford.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i do agree but Norwich were not really passive. The crowd were with them throughout which also helped them

Our goalscoring is an issue , we just had some luck. We all knew this though.

Defence helping

Thought their support was shockingly bad. Very quiet most of the time

Any chance to leave out Pascal…..��

I actually agree but think Lallana should be under greater scrutiny as his performances aren’t at the same level of last year.

As for forwards regardless of [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] and usual suspects comment (guess I’m one), we do need to sign one, nothing has changed, Maupay is offering more for me this season, though still struggles at times, but he needs a capable partner and the cupboard is bare. It is too early for Ferguson and Tolaj, but they are both very promising.

Trossard is on fire, but maybe in tandem with MacAllister we might offer more, see goal at Brentford.

Lallana needs Biss to free him up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought their support was shockingly bad. Very quiet most of the time

Lallana needs Biss to free him up.

Bissouma has been outstanding most of the season, IMO Lallana’s level has dropped, so whilst I agree in relation to the last couple of games, AL hasn’t played that well all season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bissouma has been outstanding most of the season, IMO Lallana’s level has dropped, so whilst I agree in relation to the last couple of games, AL hasn’t played that well all season.

He was good when he came on against Burnley.

Generally I agree though, he looks like he is singing the last verse. Doubt he will be a starter by this time next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here