Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Morning? 4th in the table!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We weren’t great yesterday but we’re still living the dream!

We’re in a Champions League spot for a few more hours at least!

More table gazing this morning for me!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And after this round the WORST we can be is 5th ! Come on [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] !

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Next 2 games will show how good we are and whether we can stay in or around the top 6.

I'd say the next two games will show nothing about nothing as they are both capable of beating any team 5-0 on their day.

Also beat both of them last season and that didnt say much either... such is football.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd say the next two games will show nothing about nothing as they are both capable of beating any team 5-0 on their day.

Also beat both of them last season and that didnt say much either... such is football.

Totally agree (just for once) with that, we may get a sniff against Citeh as no doubt their line-up will change due to Champions League but Liverpool away is a tall order for any team.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Totally agree (just for once) with that, we may get a sniff against Citeh as no doubt their line-up will change due to Champions League but Liverpool away is a tall order for any team.

Especially after yesterday and the fact they are in top form at the moment. If we give a good account of ourselves (unlike Watford) I'll be pleased

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If you are still old enough to remember when we were 92nd I would say 4th is not too shabby 👍

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We have drawn 0-0 the last two matches , hardly the form for a European spot. I dont want to be negative but I believe that the early flourish is likely over and we shall soon find our true mid table place.......and that is a good place.
At least the points are under our belt and we have some breathing room.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I think that Pep is still pissed off that he got out thought tactically last season by GPott and will put out his strongest side so that it doesn't happen again.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
We have drawn 0-0 the last two matches , hardly the form for a European spot. I dont want to be negative but I believe that the early flourish is likely over and we shall soon find our true mid table place.......and that is a good place.
At least the points are under our belt and we have some breathing room.

No Bissouma or Wellbeck the difference between winning and drawing

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
we all know that baring some kind of miracle, we aren't going to finish up 4th, and we should enjoy it while we can

I think the next 5 games will see us around our likely finishing position. We have two of the best teams in Europe next, then Villa,
Newcastle, Leeds . if we can get a decent haul of points, say 7 or 8, then we will be comfortably mid table around the 8-12th spot. Even if we average a point a game we are going to be in a really good position come December

For us to be any lower than14th by the start of Dec would require the current bottom 6 or 7 to DOUBLE their points tally while we picked up nothing

Obviously nothing is settled and it could go wrong, but we are picking up points against clubs from top to bottom in the table, and for the first time since promotion we can look forward to a relatively comfortable season without the threat of falling into the bottom three everytime we lose a couple

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Teams like Norwich"......

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I guess when you're fourth in the table, games against the likes of City and Liverpool are exactly what we should be excited about, not scared about.

Then Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, big names of English football, this is what we want Brighton to be, going head to head with these teams in the Premier League.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

On the contrary, I think it said that Liverpool are easier to beat without VVD and City are easier to beat with 10 men.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Defence has been immense. Bit lucky yesterday at times but 3rd most clean sheets this calendar year, 5 goals all season conceded with 1 being a penalty other clearly a foul and only 3 from open play.
Not saying we will win a league but goals win games defences win titles. Shame we are not doing the 1st enough yet.
Worst case we finish the day 6th.
2 free hits coming up. Both capable on there day of banging in 5.
Let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
On the contrary, I think it said that Liverpool are easier to beat without VVD and City are easier to beat with 10 men.

Doesnt take anything away from those victories. Sometimes players are injured, sometimes they get red cards. Its part of the sport.

Five bucks your first words after the 1-0 loss against Sheffield wasnt "I think the result said its easier to beat Brighton without March & Lamptey".

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
we all know that baring some kind of miracle, we aren't going to finish up 4th, and we should enjoy it while we can

I think the next 5 games will see us around our likely finishing position. We have two of the best teams in Europe shortly, along with Man City, Liverpool &
Newcastle.
if we can get a decent haul of points, say 7 or 8, then we will be comfortably mid table around the 8-12th spot. Even if we average a point a game we are going to be in a really good position come December

For us to be any lower than14th by the start of Dec would require the current bottom 6 or 7 to DOUBLE their points tally while we picked up nothing

Obviously nothing is settled and it could go wrong, but we are picking up points against clubs from top to bottom in the table, and for the first time since promotion we can look forward to a relatively comfortable season without the threat of falling into the bottom three everytime we lose a couple

Corrected for you. Two of the best teams in Europe? Surely Leeds are the best team in Europe. Villa a close second and by January 3rd Newcastle will have Pep, Messi, Ronnie et al.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Look, I think you all need a reality check.

We are 12 points ahead of the relegation zone. YES. 12. TWELVE. One more than 11.

Waaaahaaaay !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here