Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What Idiot smoked on the train

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Right what actual knob head smoked on the train causing around 300 Brighton fans to miss our connection at Cambridge.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Right what actual knob head smoked on the train causing around 300 Brighton fans to miss our connection at Cambridge.

Which train from Norwich was that, 5:27 or 6:27?

We were aiming for the latter but it was packed so we got the 7:27 with no problems and a seat.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Which train from Norwich was that, 5:27 or 6:27?

We were aiming for the latter but it was packed so we got the 7:27 with no problems and a seat.

Sorry should have been clearer it was on the way there. Was probably the 8.32 from Brighton. Left everyone changing at Ely to get on a two carriage train coming down from Liverpool.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

That and the thameslink driver off Christmas shopping on the way home so cancelling the one an hour from Cambridge and the hopeless Anglian staff deciding to change the train platform at Norwich once everybody was on board the train going nowhere

seagull 1979

Praying for points
Aug 29, 2011
Bicester

Not me. I'm pleased to say I've given up for Stoptober. It's not easy but I'm very happy to have made the change!

Also I live in Oxfordshire

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
That and the thameslink driver off Christmas shopping on the way home so cancelling the one an hour from Cambridge and the hopeless Anglian staff deciding to change the train platform at Norwich once everybody was on board the train going nowhere

Never going to grumble about Southern again after that travel nightmare ..... well not for a few weeks anyway

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Not me. I'm pleased to say I've given up for Stoptober. It's not easy but I'm very happy to have made the change!

Good luck. The urge for a cigarette will drift away and you will feel a lot better for it. 18 years for me, can't stand the things now.

el punal

Phew! Dodged a bullet on that one. I was originally going to train it until I saw that engineering works meant you would have been diverted to the moon and back. Three of us went by car and, although a long trek from Southampton, it was a problem free journey there and back.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ignore

Attachments

• 308CC349-1D28-4893-AC1A-A94E1A8607EB.jpeg
    308CC349-1D28-4893-AC1A-A94E1A8607EB.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 610
Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It actually highlights the fact that had it been a southern or south eastern train the guard would have walked down and dealt with it rather than the train stopping and the driver walking down the train to sort it out

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It actually highlights the fact that had it been a southern or south eastern train the guard would have walked down and dealt with it rather than the train stopping and the driver walking down the train to sort it out

Actually it highlights the fact that some morons think they can do what they like when they like.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think its brave to smoke on a train. 100% chance of getting caught.

(I should add I also think its incredibly naughty).

Last edited by a moderator:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Very inconsiderate smoking in a public indoor space these days, but how has it managed to cause a train to be delayed??

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Gave up 22 years ago at Mrs Jakarata's request, she had just seen her Dad die of an aneurism.

A life long smoker since his WWII Army Days when they issued cigarettes as part of your rations!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here