Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Almost certainly the last game to be shown, wonder how it will be spun by Big Lugs and his mates that we are 4th?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Show the table (without actually mentioning Brighton) then switch to the final match of the evening, winding down to the credits?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Mark Chapman hosting tonight for some reason.

Infinitely preferable host, in my view.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Mark Chapman hosting tonight for some reason.

Infinitely preferable host, in my view.

Screenshot_20211016-222311_Chrome.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watford’s defending …. pure comedy. Gaggles of players being drawn to the near post, allowing tap ins at the far post.

Reminds me of the car crash Villa team relegated about 5 years ago, they took some huge hidings at home that could’ve been any score.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Shearer's comments on Newcastle show exactly why sports washing happens. The famous man with absolutely no knowledge of geopolitics is willing to say on television, with a straight face that them owning a Premier League club is likely to be good for human rights in Saudi Arabia. He does not even need to be paid. The fact that they bring Newcastle fans 'hope* for the first time in 14 years' is enough for him to claim that white is black and black is white. I felt a bit sick in my mouth.

*- I presume that 'hope' is Geordie slang for 'billions'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Shearer's comments on Newcastle show exactly why sports washing happens. The famous man with absolutely no knowledge of geopolitics is willing to say on television, with a straight face that them owning a Premier League club is likely to be good for human rights in Saudi Arabia. He does not even need to be paid. The fact that they bring Newcastle fans 'hope* for the first time in 14 years' is enough for him to claim that white is black and black is white. I felt a bit sick in my mouth.

*- I presume that 'hope' is Geordie slang for 'billions'

Mark Chapman was awful too. Fully onboard with the Mags fans, not a single tricky question or concern. MOTD may be the happy clappy not the place, but the BBC 5live staff have been exactly the same on Monday and Friday evenings.

I read an ex-player’s autobio where it was made clear to succeed in EPL era broadcasting, to be employed, cynicism or mentioning anything negative is completely frowned upon. If you want to stay in the role, simply promote the ‘wonderful product’.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Mark Chapman was awful too. Fully onboard with the Mags fans, not a single tricky question or concern. MOTD may be the happy clappy not the place, but the BBC 5live staff have been exactly the same on Monday and Friday evenings.

I read an ex-player’s autobio where it was made clear to succeed in EPL era broadcasting, to be employed, cynicism or mentioning anything negative is completely frowned upon. If you want to stay in the role, simply promote the ‘wonderful product’.

Not sure I agree with that entirely. Mark Chapman is excellent generally, but is limited by being on the beeb and having to be impartial and politically correct. Let's not forget that Jamie Carragher managed to keep his job for gobbing a throat full of phlegm at a young girl.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Staggering. Not only no mention of the penalty but they declined to show Maupay missing a sitter in their wrap-up n favour of showing every Norwich chance and half-chance.

Unfortunately even a TV programme like MOTD will choreograph a storyline. One of the pundits will have watched the match or extensive highlights and will want to make a point about Norwich being wasteful and so the clips focused on will be tailored to that, and ignore others that dont support the point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here