Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solskjaer

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Micah Richards talks absolute bollocks, when he can actually complete a sentence that is. How the hell do some of these pundits get a gig? I’ve met normal fans in the pub that speak more sense than most of them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They scored the second highest number of goals last season but conceded more than five other teams and just two less than Brighton. So why give him two attacking players that he is borderline forced to play?

Yes they also got Varane who has been available for five league games (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat and no more than one conceded goal in any of those games) and they've done fine with him in the side. But why buy those attacking players interrupting what they were building last season? Why not spend the money on yet another good defender or a good defensive midfielder? That to me appears to be problem rather than Ole or any manager.

OGS isn’t just a head coach under the continental model with players imposed on a revolving carousel of coaches (also Watford).

Shirley he has a big say on requirements and the final say on recruits.

It’s collective incompetence including his.

They seem to get involved in churlish transfer ‘races’ to prove We Are Manchester United. ‘Winning’ the race to Sancho and pipping Citeh to Ronaldo.

It never seems to be strategic.

Lets buy loads of famous players, pay them colossal wages, give it all shake and we hey presto we’ll be the best in the world.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They scored the second highest number of goals last season but conceded more than five other teams and just two less than Brighton. So why give him two attacking players that he is borderline forced to play?

Yes they also got Varane who has been available for five league games (3 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat and no more than one conceded goal in any of those games) and they've done fine with him in the side. But why buy those attacking players interrupting what they were building last season? Why not spend the money on yet another good defender or a good defensive midfielder? That to me appears to be problem rather than Ole or any manager.

He’s not forced to play anyone I’m sure. He may feel pressured to but he’s not given Sancho much game time.
They have recruited poorly mind to some extent. But he’s had almost £500 over 6 transfer windows. This is his side. Maguire his signing. Wan Bissaka his signing. Fernandes, ronaldo today players he has signed. As you point out the Sancho or Ronaldo money or both would have been better spent elsewhere especially CM.
But he’s still tactically naive. Said today he wanted to get them to press and be on the front foot. As per there last number of games they press alone get picked off and good teams slice through them let alone well coached world class teams. Problem is Liverpool, city and Chelsea have recruited better in some extent for less in that time but everyone actually seems to know what they are doing in those sides no matter who is on the pitch. You can’t same the same for that United side and that is down to coaching. We can all see they are so easy to get at he could make them harder to beat.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s not forced to play anyone I’m sure. He may feel pressured to but he’s not given Sancho much game time.
They have recruited poorly mind to some extent. But he’s had almost £500m over 6 transfer windows. This is his side. Maguire his signing. Wan Bissaka his signing. Fernandes, ronaldo today players he has signed. As you point out the Sancho or Ronaldo money or both would have been better spent elsewhere especially CM.
But he’s still tactically naive. Said today he wanted to get them to press and be on the front foot. As per there last number of games they press alone get picked off and good teams slice through them let alone well coached world class teams. Problem is Liverpool, city and Chelsea have recruited better in some extent for less in that time but everyone actually seems to know what they are doing in those sides no matter who is on the pitch. You can’t same the same for that United side and that is down to coaching. We can all see they are so easy to get at he could make them harder to beat.

x 1,000,000

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope and pray that he is managing Man Utd come December 18th when we play them.

He just relies on moments of world class brilliance from individuals in his expensively assembled squad, when that does not come, they lose or draw, hence the inconsistent form. He seems not to have the tactical nous. He is kind of the opposite to Potter who can’t call on top level quality to get him out of difficult situations time after time:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is one man getting a completely free pass?
The one man who has modelled the whole club.
The emperor who has thumbs up/down every single deal.

Ferguson is their biggest problem.
I'm surprised he's not sat on a throne instead of a fold up chair.

He's the one living in the past trying to recreate his magic with all the same yes men.

Anyone forcing millions of pounds to be spent on Chris, shoehorning him into squad that clearly doesn't need him needs putting into a home, not worshipping.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He absolutely (toe)nailed it.

That was a painful watch and I imagine very frustrating for Scholes with the other three muppets just not getting what he was trying to put across.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
That was a painful watch and I imagine very frustrating for Scholes with the other three muppets just not getting what he was trying to put across.

Personally, I enjoyed every moment. All I can say is it’s a shame the Reds decided enough was enough at half time and wanted to save their strength for a really tough tie next weekend.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There is currently a 61 page thread about Aleksandar Mitrovic on the first page (somewhere in between the General Photography Thread and the thread about Manchester United flying to a game)...

Pretty odd complaint.

Who at one time we were allegedly interested when he was at Newcastle, but Rafa wouldn’t sell to a rival (apparently).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Micah Richards talks absolute bollocks, when he can actually complete a sentence that is. How the hell do some of these pundits get a gig? I’ve met normal fans in the pub that speak more sense than most of them.

Think he’s ok myself.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I hope and pray that he is managing Man Utd come December 18th when we play them.

He just relies on moments of world class brilliance from individuals in his expensively assembled squad, when that does not come, they lose or draw, hence the inconsistent form. He seems not to have the tactical nous. He is kind of the opposite to Potter who can’t call on top level quality to get him out of difficult situations time after time:
Annoying thing is that apart from the home game where we should have beaten them about 5-2 they've destroyed us in recent games.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
okl.jpg

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Why is one man getting a completely free pass?
The one man who has modelled the whole club.
The emperor who has thumbs up/down every single deal.

Ferguson is their biggest problem.
I'm surprised he's not sat on a throne instead of a fold up chair.

He's the one living in the past trying to recreate his magic with all the same yes men.

Anyone forcing millions of pounds to be spent on Chris, shoehorning him into squad that clearly doesn't need him needs putting into a home, not worshipping.

I doubt thats the case, there's no way he would have brought Pogba back, he and many others are mercenaries, not Fergie signings and there's no way in a million years Jose would have had to have his signings ok'd by Fergie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here