Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solskjaer

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Can anyone please tell me why Solskjaer is still in charge at Old Trafford? Granted he does a great Frank Spencer impersonation, but I would have thought that the Old Trafford hierarchy were looking for a little more than that from their leader. He's taken ineptitude to a level that only Boris Johnson could surpass. I can't understand why he's still in a job. Please can someone explain.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
probably something about understanding the Mancester United ethos will be enough. its echos of early 90's Liverpool.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably due to:
- Their very good their results under his management. Second place last season, very few would have predicted them to end up above Chelsea and Liverpool.
- Creating a young squad with several academy players - third youngest last season.
- Making actual use of their expensive signings like Luke Shaw and Paul Pogba who were among those mistreated by psycho-Mou.

Not sure about the decision to bring in bigger-than-the-club-Ronaldo was a good idea but I think Ole is going to be there for a while and from their results and progress as a squad so far, he deserves it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Difficult one. Second in the PL last year (I think), and looking like probably top 4 again this year would normally look like success ......... but ............

They forked out fortunes for Varan, Sancho and Ronaldo (wages and signing on 'bonus') over the summer, to add to an already expensive squad. He virtually has to simply pick a team and they will go out and win more often than not. Yet they still play without any sort of identity - there's no feeling of 'a team'. De Gea, Wan Bissaka (sp?), Varan, Slabhead, Pogba, Ronaldo, Sancho, McTominey, Rashford, Greenwood - stick most of them on the field with a few others to make up the XI, and you're likely to do OK - I think they'd do OK if I selected the team!

But no - a proper team is greater than the sum of its parts. United isn't, and won't be as long as the likeable, smiling, affable baby-faced assassin is in charge.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Owners are only interested in revenue….as long as he doesn’t damage the ‘brand’ and keeps them in the top 4 with CL qualification they couldn’t care less.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably better the 2020’s Maureenho.

I wonder if he’ll blow it at Roma too?

Currently he is enjoying the honeymoon he's had at a pretty much every club when everyone thinks "oh he's so cool" before they lose a game or two and he turns into this whining, blame-game muppet who no one wants to play for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tough to argue with this

Who gives a ****!

But that said it is fascinating to watch so much being given to someone completely out of his depth.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who………………….gives……………….a………………….****?
This is a Brighton forum?

There is currently a 61 page thread about Aleksandar Mitrovic on the first page (somewhere in between the General Photography Thread and the thread about Manchester United flying to a game)...

Pretty odd complaint.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
The division needs more than a couple of teams capable of winning it. In theory, United should be one of them, but they are about as likely to win the league as we are. A top four finish with the quality of players at their disposal should represent failure, not success.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is a Brighton forum?

A complaint that never fails to raise a smile on one of the most eclectic home pages in t'internet history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here