Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Eubanks Jnr

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Just switched on now.
Used to be a big fan and he could have been a huge name in British boxing if it weren't for his Dads involvement in contracts and the business side of things.

A big shame imo. Couldawouldashoulda signed with Hearn 3 years ago and his trajectory would have been very different.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
A win, hope he goes on to better things.

Used to love watching Chris Snr, hope Jnr can get a title.

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Read that the same line 3-4 yrs ago routinely.

I do like him a lot, but that was a joke of a fight tbh.
A shame for Jr as he needs and wants rounds, and wants to entertain, promote himself and get bigger fights.

Can't disagree with this but would love to see him have a shot, fingers crossed.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Savanhha as my wife, no chance. Domestic abuse will probably take another twist lol

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just switched on now.
Used to be a big fan and he could have been a huge name in British boxing if it weren't for his Dads involvement in contracts and the business side of things.

A big shame imo. Couldawouldashoulda signed with Hearn 3 years ago and his trajectory would have been very different.

Disagree. His biggest problem is that he’s not good enough. Barely ever throws a jab and builds an attack. Leads with uppercuts far too often. Any top level fighter would beat him comfortably.

I’d say rather than a better promoter he needed a better coach/trainer to teach him the fundamentals.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
To be fair after Hearn jumped ship Sky are trying really hard to maintain their excellent boxing coverage, whether the younger Fury and Eubank Junior are big enough names to attract decent opponents remains to be seen, that said I hope Sky also go back to covering some of the small hall shows like they used to in the 1990s.

Billy Joe Saunders wants £3million to fight Eubank, so in other words he doesn’t want the fight

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Eubank Jr and Fury fights were pretty disappointing in that they were never really a contest. The Savannah Marshall fight was great fun while it lasted, although I don’t think trying to go toe to toe in a slugfest with her is a good strategy. Loved the Steve Robinson fight at the end, wore Ivan Drago shorts and seems like a nice bloke but has some heavy hands.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Disagree. His biggest problem is that he’s not good enough. Barely ever throws a jab and builds an attack. Leads with uppercuts far too often. Any top level fighter would beat him comfortably.

I’d say rather than a better promoter he needed a better coach/trainer to teach him the fundamentals.

Yep. For all the hype around Eubank being a thoroughbred his biggest strength remains that he’s plucky. He might be good enough to pinch a world title from a weaker or older champion.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Eubank was 1/100 ... that says it all about the quality of the opponent.

I'd like him to do well but just can't see it happening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here