Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Big Dan Burn

Gus Pooyet

Feb 17, 2021
Personally think we're lucky to have a player like B.D.B, gives everything each time he plays, great on the ball for such a tall player, can and would without hesitation play anywhere if required and do a consistent job too.

Yes...he's possibly guilty of a few suspect challenges and positioning with faster players on a few occasions (not today) and his attacking heading needs a bit of work in that he should be scoring at least the amount Duffy and Dunk get or minimum looking like scoring.

But for me he was M.O.T.M today with 2 vital tackles and a solid all round performance barring one lapse of concentration where he gave the ball away outside our box which nearly led to a Norwich goal.

Having said that he's a player every club needs in their ranks but doesn't always have...We're lucky to have him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He was our best CB today, I thought Dunk had a poor game by his high standards and Duffy also struggled a little.

Looking at the Norfolk weather today, it was forecast as low cloud in the afternoon.
BDB is used to that, whilst LD and SD are not :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was our best CB today, I thought Dunk had a poor game by his high standards and Duffy also struggled a little.

Thought Dunk played well……. All opinions, Burn was quite careless particularly in the first half, but absolutely no doubt he saved us today.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
He’s our PL level Peter Smith... he’s better than people think. Brilliant performance from Dan today, against a team who were annoyingly up for it, and disrupted us well. GP needs to find a way to look convincing in these games, as we rarely do... yet, a point is a point and away from home in the PL, well, it’ll do.

There can be no higher praise than this.

As I commented on match thread big Dan made 2 goal saving tackles but lost possession which gave Norwich their best chance. Dunk wasn't at his best like most of team, a pass straight to 1 of their players which I think was 1 of big Dan's super tackles. Even big Bob joined in the mistake stats which Norwich fluffed their biggest chance from.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quality player, another MoTM performance. Well played Dan!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His performance yesterday put me in mind of his display for Wigan against City when they beat them in the Cup before we signed him. Hopefully he can do it again against City next weekend.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
His performance yesterday put me in mind of his display for Wigan against City when they beat them in the Cup before we signed him. Hopefully he can do it again against City next weekend.

While I'm sure the Wigan game was great, I would settle for a similar display to the one against City in May.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just wish he could head a ball

It took Peter Crouch till he was about 30 before he could make a half decent go at heading the ball. BDB is already better than that.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He’s our PL level Peter Smith... he’s better than people think. Brilliant performance from Dan today, against a team who were annoyingly up for it, and disrupted us well. GP needs to find a way to look convincing in these games, as we rarely do... yet, a point is a point and away from home in the PL, well, it’ll do.

I like this comparison.

He is better than some give him credit for. And like Smith I don't think he's as good as some others think he is. He's a player who never fails to give it 100% and is capable of some very good games. He's also one of those players who when he doesn't have a good game is quite capable of having an absolute stinker.

I'm glad he's getting some praise. He has taken an absolute pounding in the past from some posters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here