Votes: 86 54.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 71 45.2%

• Total voters

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Point gained.
Watching the highlights and seeing the Norwich player miss an open goal after the f*** up from Sanchez, it looks like we were lucky.
Strictly speaking an opposition player horrendously missing isn't being lucky. The opposition just had a player who wasn't good/consistent enough.

Bad luck is something like a ref's mistake.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Strictly speaking an opposition player horrendously missing isn't being lucky. The opposition just had a player who wasn't good/consistent enough.

Bad luck is something like a ref's mistake.

Ok…it was lucky the chance didn’t fall to a better Norwich player.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unless you have crooked owners/book keepers etc you don't get points taken away.

We could have won 3 points, but didn't play well enough to deserve them

Norwich are bang average and so were we today so on the day a draw is fair, a point each gained.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Point gained.
I'm amazed we got a draw. I was certain we'd continue our run of being the team to end winless runs against.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Two points dropped. Maupay should have had a penalty.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Two points dropped. Maupay should have had a penalty.

That would’ve been a soft, soft penalty

On first view, without the replay I thought he’d get booked. After seeing the replay it’s fair to say there was “contact” but not enough to overturn the onfield decision

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
That would’ve been a soft, soft penalty

On first view, without the replay I thought he’d get booked. After seeing the replay it’s fair to say there was “contact” but not enough to overturn the onfield decision

Warren Aspinal said that if the ref hadn't given it as a penalty then he should have booked Maupay for simulation but he did neither.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Unless you have crooked owners/book keepers etc you don't get points taken away.

We could have won 3 points, but didn't play well enough to deserve them

Norwich are bang average and so were we today so on the day a draw is fair, a point each gained.

Bang average is a compliment in my opinion. A draw was a fair result but their only chances came from our mistakes. On the day we were bang average too and any sort of decent performance would've seen us winning that at a canter. 2 points dropped

el punal

Against a team bottom of the table whose only other this season came in a goalless draw against the team second bottom, I'm saying two points dropped.

Before the game I would have agreed with you. At the final whistle I was relieved to get a point. We were careless throughout the game with a few players off form. Had that been another team and not Norwich we would have had our arses spanked - one point gained, our arses in one piece and we go fourth my son. :cheers:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When your first target as a football club is 40 points it's a away game with a point in the bag, the opposition doesn't really matter before you actually reach that target does it ? Point gained especially now I've seen that point puts us above our main rivals for champions league football next season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Before the game I would have agreed with you. At the final whistle I was relieved to get a point. We were careless throughout the game with a few players off form. Had that been another team and not Norwich we would have had our arses spanked - one point gained, our arses in one piece and we go fourth my son. :cheers:

But it wasn't another team! If we'd been playing another team I would probably have another opinion. We were playing a team who are so bad/out of form/confirdence that when we pretty much gifted them open goals they still couldn't score, yet we still didn't beat them!

el punal

But it wasn't another team! If we'd been playing another team I would probably have another opinion. We were playing a team who are so bad/out of form/confirdence that when we pretty much gifted them open goals they still couldn't score, yet we still didn't beat them!

That’s my point. We were well below par and as such, because it was Norwich, escaped with a draw because they equally were poor. We had an off day and got away with it and, hopefully, lesson learned. Not quite doom and gloom but definitely frustrating. Having said that fortune has smiled on us this season with a last minute winner against Brentford, a last seconds equaliser at Palace and all the key decisions going in our favour when we played Leicester.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
“We should be beating #teamslikeNorwich”

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That’s my point. We were well below par and as such, because it was Norwich, escaped with a draw because they equally were poor. We had an off day and got away with it and, hopefully, lesson learned. Not quite doom and gloom but definitely frustrating. Having said that fortune has smiled on us this season with a last minute winner against Brentford, a last seconds equaliser at Palace and all the key decisions going in our favour when we played Leicester.

Exactly! Norwich were Norwich. They played as well as they can. The draw is a result of our own failings. We failed, so we dropped points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here