Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd Defend Decision To Fly 100 Miles To Leicester For Premier League Game

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Does it matter Greta? Can't see anything wrong with that.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
[MENTION=23289]father_and_son[/MENTION] So you and Tom are going on holiday by ship next time and don't drive cars?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Can someone please explain why they're outraged by this?

Errr .... because 100 miles could easily be covered by coach which would have a far far smaller carbon footprint than a plane - unless of course you fly on one of the planes [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] uses which are allegedly carbon neutral ,,,, which isn't really the case.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Ok it is daft to fly 100 miles, not like they do it every time. I heard they done this because they heard there was heavy traffic on the M6. So they should have travelled to Leicester yesterday.

But Tom obviously posted this because he is a hater of United. Because he said.. "just when you think you can't hate these people any more".

So is it a green thread or a hate United thread?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok it is daft to fly 100 miles, not like they do it every time. I heard they done this because they heard there was heavy traffic on the M6. So they should have travelled to Leicester yesterday.

But Tom obviously posted this because he is a hater of United. Because he said.. "just when you think you can't hate these people any more".

Arrogant club, always disliked by many in the football world.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
If you don't see anything wrong then you are definitely part of the problem.

Do you own a mobile phone if so you're part of a bigger problem. I'm sure i read somewhere that mobile phones have overtaken aviation flight in what emissions they give off.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Do you own a mobile phone if so you're part of a bigger problem. I'm sure i read somewhere that mobile phones have overtaken aviation flight in what emissions they give off.

And aviation accounts for just 3.5% of global emissions.

By all means debate the need for climate change but just starting a thread to "hate United even more" is pretty pathetic.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

...on Facebook I'll guess. That home of dubious facts.
Sending text messages and making calls uses electricity (for all the servers that message passes through and generating the light for fibre optic cables, etc etc). However, the usage is tiny and attributing to a single call is more than a little dodgy because the server farm was up and running and using electricity regardless of the incremental requirements of a single call.
Yes, our dependency on technology has costs. However, making sensible choices is part of what we should all do. Staying informed and connected is, for some, a sensible choice. Taking a 100 mile flight in a private jet with an organisation that makes a big deal of its supposed green credentials is just hypocrisy and thoughtlessness.
Travelling my train, coach or a convoy of cars would all have an environmental impact, but all more sensible choices.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Can't it be both?

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
...on Facebook I'll guess. That home of dubious facts.
Sending text messages and making calls uses electricity (for all the servers that message passes through and generating the light for fibre optic cables, etc etc). However, the usage is tiny and attributing to a single call is more than a little dodgy because the server farm was up and running and using electricity regardless of the incremental requirements of a single call.
Yes, our dependency on technology has costs. However, making sensible choices is part of what we should all do. Staying informed and connected is, for some, a sensible choice. Taking a 100 mile flight in a private jet with an organisation that makes a big deal of its supposed green credentials is just hypocrisy and thoughtlessness.
Travelling my train, coach or a convoy of cars would all have an environmental impact, but all more sensible choices.

No i do not have facebook and all the other social media shite. I read this on a climate change forum last year and I'm sure it was covered in the media as well.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
And aviation accounts for just 3.5% of global emissions.

By all means debate the need for climate change but just starting a thread to "hate United even more" is pretty pathetic.

I don't care if they walked,flew or each got a taxi their they lost that's good enough for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here