Date: Saturday 16th October 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistants: Neil Davies, James Mainwaring
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson
VAR: Graham Scott
Additional VAR: Adrian Holmes

TEAM NEWS

Norwich City will assess the condition of Mathias Normann, Christoph Zimmermann and Todd Cantwell, who all have fitness concerns.

Sam Byram continues to train following a thigh injury but remains unavailable.

Brighton & Hove Albion trio Yves Bissouma, Adam Webster and Enock Mwepu have all returned to training following injury.

Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate are sidelined after undergoing surgery on respective hamstring and ankle issues.

Tariq Lamptey could make his first Premier League appearance in 10 months after recovering from a series of hamstring injuries.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton's top-flight win at Norwich in 2019-20 followed a run of one victory in 17 league away meetings.
    [*=left]Albion could triumph in back-to-back league games at Carrow Road for the first time since October 1926 in the Third Division South.
Norwich

• [*=left]Norwich's goalless draw against Burnley last time out ended a 16-game losing streak in the Premier League. They remain the only side yet to lead in the top flight this season.
    [*=left]Daniel Farke's side are winless in 17 Premier League matches, with an aggregate score of 40-3 against.
    [*=left]The Canaries could fail to win any of their opening eight league fixtures for just the second time in 84 seasons. In the 2004-05 Premier League, Norwich didn't win in their opening 13 games and were relegated.
    [*=left]They have lost 44 of their past 45 Premier League matches when conceding the opening goal, including the last 31.
    [*=left]Norwich have the fewest goals (2), different goalscorers (1), shots on target (17) and lowest shot conversion rate (2.8%) in the Premier League this season. They have also conceded a joint-high 16 goals.
    [*=left]Forward Teemu Pukki is the only player to score a Premier League goal for Norwich this season.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have 14 points after seven Premier League matches. Last season, the Seagulls did not surpass 14 points until their 19th game.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could set a club record of remaining unbeaten in their opening four top-flight away fixtures.
    [*=left]In 2021, only Manchester City and Chelsea have kept more Premier League clean sheets than Brighton's 12.
    [*=left]Neal Maupay has scored four of Brighton's eight Premier League goals this campaign, but he has failed to net in all six career league appearances against Norwich.
    [*=left]Leandro Trossard has scored two and assisted one of Brighton's three Premier League goals against Norwich.
    [*=left]Shane Duffy has had 12 attempts at goal from corner situations in the Premier League this season, four more than any other player. The centre back has also recorded a team-high 13 shots inside the penalty area.

Graham Potter's Norwich Press Conference

[tweet]1449359480697901064[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1449359480697901064

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Albion riding the crest of a wave against a team yet to register a victory this season.

What could possibly go wrong! :p

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Match day at last ! ....Albion away to the bottom team.. our biggest danger is complacency. This is not a nailed on victory. But , we can do it if all goes well , the shots go in and we “ turn up”

Seagulls v Canaries... bring your birdseed :albion2:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Cagey 1 nil victory for the Albion.
I will expect to see this when I awake tomorrow morning.

Would take that now but we can turn this lot over.

If it's a poor performance from us today, and I hope not after Arsenal but the break may have broken our stride, then a point wouldn't be the end of the world.. UTA

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Duffy
Lamptey - Moder - Lallana - Cucurella
Trossard - Gross
Maupay​

We can't turn up expecting to win, but we should turn up understanding that we're stronger than them all over the pitch. Play our game and we win. Bet365 offered me a free bet on any PL game, stuck it on 2-0 Brighton, winning at HT & Lamptey to score.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Sanchez
Veltman - Dunk - Duffy
Lamptey - Moder - Lallana - Cucurella
Trossard - Gross
Maupay​

We can't turn up expecting to win, but we should turn up understanding that we're stronger than them all over the pitch. Play our game and we win. Bet365 offered me a free bet on any PL game, stuck it on 2-0 Brighton, winning at HT & Lamptey to score.

Liking the look of that team !

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Brighton really should be beating teams like Norwich.

Never been looser.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Would take that now but we can turn this lot over.

If it's a poor performance from us today, and I hope not after Arsenal but the break may have broken our stride, then a point wouldn't be the end of the world.. UTA

I had the opposite thought. After the Biss reported 'incident' I think it would have affected the players like it did me. The break came at a good time to get us back focused on football and GPott to do his magic.

So I agree with your first point, I think we can do them over. 3-0.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Really excited to see Lamptey, (mainly Lamptey) Cucurella and Solly all start today! Gas Gas Gas!!!

+Trossard & Maupay and you’ve got a very fast, mobile team against a not that physical side.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here