Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Consistently voting against LGBT rights, measures to address child poverty, measures to help disabled and vulnerable people, woman’s rights etc doesn’t strike me as someone representing all of his constituency?

On the news that a politician was stabbed that must go down as worst post I have ever seen on this forum. Perhaps sums up how low political discussions go on here

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pickles saying that putting your life on the line is all part of being an MP, all part of the job.
It's a great thing that MP'S are easily accessible but surely if you are an MP, especially with family you would seriously consider stronger security from now on.
It would be a great shame and a black day for this country but I would not leave myself open to harm from now on.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Pickles saying that putting your life on the line is all part of being an MP, all part of the job.
It's a great thing that MP'S are easily accessible but surely if you are an MP, especially with family you would seriously consider stronger security from now on.
It would be a great shame and a black day for this country but I would not leave myself open to harm from now on.

I agree that security should be increased. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a black day for the country, as simple searches and discreet protection should surely be sufficient or at least an improvement.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Totally agree, I have spent many evenings chatting to my local MP in our local pub. Good healthy debate and always good humoured. I fear for our MPs not being able to live a normal life and the importance that they are assessable to their constituents.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sad to hear that. All over the headlines here as well now, obviously.

Always sad when someone gets murdered but its even worse when it is politicians as it has a lot of side effects negative to democracy.

Rest in peace.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I agree that security should be increased. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a black day for the country, as simple searches and discreet protection should surely be sufficient or at least an improvement.

If this can happen and its happened before and you are going to continue to hold a surgery then, if they want it, visible security will be needed and doors locked, that is a black day for me as the way surgeries are carried out today is a great democratic thing that will be severely reduced due to protecting themselves in the course of their job which is predominantly helping people.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It is a black day, we all prayed Jox Cox was a one off, sadly I things are different now and I suspect things may have to change.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just had a call from an upset Aunt from Southend. She is in social housing and sometime ago many unsuitable neighbours moved into her building. Council didnt do anything but after going to one the MPs surgeries within 3 months he had arranged a suitable relocation. She will be forever gratefull

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[TWEET]1449015336104349696[/TWEET]

Jo Cox’s husband.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Only read the start of the thread, didn't realise he had died. Nobody deserves that carrying out there everyday work regardless of political persuasion or nature of works. RIP David

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm afraid it is wrong and disrespectful to quote an MP's views and voting record when he has just been murdered, as if that has anything at all to do with it.

I usually get along with Herr T, but this is definitely a time to withdraw that comment.
Well I strongly disagree with you. The Clamp said his record was vile - and I'd have some sympathy with you if you were pulling him up for that because I think that was needlessly explicit at the wrong time.

But all HT did was question Watford zero's assertion that all he was doing was his best for his constituents. I wonder how many people waving this imaginary card at HT have screamed "woke" and "cancel culture" at HT complaining at considerably more offensive stuff than that in the past?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I don’t fancy the Friday after work pub now. It just makes you want to cry how people treat their fellow human beings.

RIP Sir.

God bless your family.

I am afraid that innocent people are getting stabbed it seems almost daily it's just that this one has made the headlines due to who it was, a public figure, very tragic though it is, I hate the senseless loss of any law abiding innocent person stabbed by a nutter, its the way it is today.
Go and have a drink.

D

Deleted member 2719

What a horrible world we now live in.

The MP must have protection from now on. This simply must never happen again.
Another dark day within hateful Britain, I only hope this incident was not whipped up by social media or the great British press/tv.
I would like to see FB, Twitter, etc banning any political hate speech.

RIP David.

Last edited by a moderator:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
All the right wingers in here screaming for a policeman because someone is questioning the record of a man who just died...

Who are the woke-ists now? Cancel culture e.t.c. e.t.c. :tantrum:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Gone are the days, when one wrote a very strong worded letter to their local MP, on any number of topics.
Nowadays it would be an email, which has progressed to violent tendencies.
A very sad day for the UK, as you can imagine all other countries are looking at this, the same way the UK was looking at Norway recently.
Thinking of WTF is going on......

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well I strongly disagree with you. The Clamp said his record was vile - and I'd have some sympathy with you if you were pulling him up for that because I think that was needlessly explicit at the wrong time.

But all HT did was question Watford zero's assertion that all he was doing was his best for his constituents. I wonder how many people waving this imaginary card at HT have screamed "woke" and "cancel culture" at HT complaining at considerably more offensive stuff than that in the past?

Well I strongly disagree with You. Of course he was doing his best for his constituents, that's why he was doing a Surgery.

And they had voted him in, not You over in Surrey but his constituents in Essex.

And they would have voted him out if they weren't happy with him.

But he got stabbed out of Office instead.

'woke' and 'cancel culture' FFS - **** me there are some dreadful people posting on NSC...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here