Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative MP Sir David Amess murdered

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-mp-david-amess-stabbed-multiple-times-in-incident-at-constituency-surgery-12434498

A Conservative MP has been stabbed multiple times in an incident at his constituency surgery.

Sir David Amess, who represents Southend West in Essex, was attacked on Friday at Belfairs Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea.

Sky News understands a man walked into his constituency surgery and stabbed him multiple times.

It is believed Mr Amess has been receiving treatment at the scene for his injuries.

Police are believed to be at the scene and the road surrounding the location has been closed off.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Very sad to hear. Irrespective of political allegiances this is wholly unacceptable. MP's should expect flak and some torrid times by constituents but this goes too far. I hope he recovers from this ordeal.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Politically, about as vile as they come but nobody deserves this. I hope he recovers and justice is served. Madness.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Shit, first Jo Cox, now Amess both attacked at a constituency surgery. Are we going to have to have security details for all MPs now? State of this world.

We don't know if this is political in nature, but Cox's attack was. Its what happens when people get so fervently on one side or the other of politics that it becomes tribal, it becomes something we personally try and defend. I know I have been guilty of this at times. You and I will keep it to words and rhetoric, but others pick up on our language and passion and defend our 'cause' with violence.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Shit, first Jo Cox, now Amess both attacked at a constituency surgery. Are we going to have to have security details for all MPs now? State of this world.

We don't know if this is political in nature, but Cox's attack was. Its what happens when people get so fervently on one side of politics or another that it becomes tribal. I know I have been guilty of this. You and I will keep it to words and rhetoric, but others pick up on our language and passion and join in with violence.

Exactly this. MPs holding constituency surgeries is an absolute essential part of our democracy.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Famously hoaxed by Brass Eye into asking a Commons Question about the made up drug CAKE, that said events like this have no place in a civilised society, a devastating day for this country and specifically the Amess family and more fuel to the campaign for the return of capital punishment.

RIP

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Awful, hope he's OK and they catch the *******.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Dreadful, forget politics, this is shocking, prayers.

This incident happened 2 hours and 10 minutes ago, and apparently the air ambulance has still not left the scene. If paramedics have been working furiously for 2 hours, this potentially looks very grim.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Awful, hope he's OK and they catch the *******.

A person has been detained by police and a weapon recovered and nobody else being sought in connection.

David Amess still be treated by paramedics at the scene for multiple stab wounds.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
we dont appreciate how open and accessible our MPs are. its good fortune this sort of thing doesnt happen more often, with the way some talk about them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Politically, about as vile as they come but nobody deserves this. I hope he recovers and justice is served. Madness.

Your ill timed opinion, sums up the pathetic discourse amongst many people, too immature to tone it down.

At this time let's simply wish that the guy lives and think of his family.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Your ill timed opinion, sums up the pathetic discourse amongst many people, simply too immature to tone it down.

At this time let's simply wish that the guy lives and think of his family.

Not really the thread to start a binfest please. Nevertheless, I apologise if my comments are seen as inappropriate by some. I’ll leave it there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not really the thread to start a binfest please. Nevertheless, I apologise if my comments are seen as inappropriate by some. I’ll leave it there.

Completely inappropriate but sadly exactly the type I would have expected from you

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here