Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Long shot Norwich tickets

hack

Feb 24, 2009
I know it's massively unlikely, but if anyone ends up with a spare ticket or three for tomorrow's game, even at short notice, three of us are going to be in Norwich anyway. Long-planned weekend away partially ruined by the lack of away tickets, but only after our Norwich supporting mate had already sorted his for the home end

An afternoon in the pub beckons, in the city the Albion are playing in, rather than going to the game...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Someone at the club needs to read this OP and have a serious think about this new policy of taking reduced away allocations. A group of Brighton fans in Norwich who just want to be at the game. Not the only ones as well judging from comments on other threads.
Why has a league game at Norwich become as difficult to buy tickets for as a cup final ?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] perhaps this can be brought to the attention of the club ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone at the club needs to read this OP and have a serious think about this new policy of taking reduced away allocations. A group of Brighton fans in Norwich who just want to be at the game. Not the only ones as well judging from comments on other threads.
Why has a league game at Norwich become as difficult to buy tickets for as a cup final ?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] perhaps this can be brought to the attention of the club ?

Everyone I know who wanted to go has a ticket. The OP’s weekend was “long-planned” so I guess he/she didn’t have the required points?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know it's massively unlikely, but if anyone ends up with a spare ticket or three for tomorrow's game, even at short notice, three of us are going to be in Norwich anyway. Long-planned weekend away partially ruined by the lack of away tickets, but only after our Norwich supporting mate had already sorted his for the home end

An afternoon in the pub beckons, in the city the Albion are playing in, rather than going to the game...

Home end? Hospitality?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's not just on here but all over social media that fans are after tickets. I too had planned a weekend away with the missus but could not get her a ticket (she holds my hand on only two away games a season and none at home).
It would be nice if Bozza could get a genuine reason for the lack of tickets. If they expected to sell less and admitted their mistake I'm sure we would accept their error, but saying nothing makes it look and feel bad for us (customers) fans

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Everyone I know who wanted to go has a ticket. The OP’s weekend was “long-planned” so I guess he/she didn’t have the required points?

You may well know very many people but you can not possibly use that to project that everyone who wanted a ticket has one can you? That would be a ridiculous assertion wouldn’t it? I am a STH who had insufficient points but got lucky on Tuesday at 5 30 when a few appeared. I will be very disappointed if we don’t take the full allocation for the Villa game - fair enough if we don’t fill it and then the club go back to the more cautious route but without using some form of system to test out our commitment it does leave many disappointed I suspect.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

What a charmer. Lucky you.
With this and your posts in the Sir David Amess thread, I can only presume it's the wrong week.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm up in Newmarket and knew I didn't have enough points to purchase early but as this was my most "local" game I invited my two daughters, a son-in-law, and two grandchildren to come to the match with me buying everyone's tickets.
Unfortunately that's not happened.
I've paid for us all to watch England v Albania at Wembley next month instead.
The son-in-law is Albanian and unfortunately "supports" Liverpool. Booooooooooooooooooo!

I'd much rather have paid for us all to watch The Albion.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Still find it very odd that the club didn't take full allocation. I struggle to believe that any right minded person in the commercial dept wouldn't expect us to sell the full 10%. It's a 3.00 kick off, we're on a good run etc. Bewildering

Oh and I know 2 that wanted and couldn't get. We did get an offer of 2 late on but by then they had rearranged their weekend

Mar 2, 2009
I also had planned to travel and stay over in Norwich with my two lads in their early twenties who are My Albion + members.
All the tickets were snaffled way before the time they would have been eligible. It also meant that I then couldn’t get a ticket despite being in the top tier of loyalty points as, not unreasonably, we would have wanted tickets together.
It’s a shame if the club is going to go for minimal allocations for future games when their appears to be a greater demand this season!

hack

Feb 24, 2009

Indeed, we didn’t all have the required points, although there were still a handful left when it got to my level so it’s not like I’m a tourist. Seems like a lot of people missed out though. But not sure why I’m justifying how manage points I’ve got. Norwich away feels like there shouldn’t be this much clamour…

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Me and Mrs Earle NEVER go to away games now and haven't for a decade or more. Yet Mrs Earle, out of the blue a couple of weeks ago, suddenly said 'Shall we have a short break in Norwich and watch the game?'
I pointed out 'No tickets available to us'.:(

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m sure I read on another thread the club didn’t take the full allocation of away tickets based on some sort of research, the club were worried Albion fans wouldn’t buy the full allocation.

The last time we played away at Norwich it was behind closed doors the season before last, and the match before was an evening game in the championship.
There was a friendly match in between these games but surely they haven’t looked at the Albion away attendance for this when doing the research.

So we haven’t actually played Norwich at 3pm in the PL when the team are playing very well and fans are allowed to watch…..odd :facepalm:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m sure I read on another thread the club didn’t take the full allocation of away tickets based on some sort of research, the club were worried Albion fans wouldn’t buy the full allocation.

The last time we played away at Norwich it was behind closed doors the season before last, and the match before was an evening game in the championship.
There was a friendly match in between these games but surely they haven’t looked at the Albion away attendance for this when doing the research.

So we haven’t actually played Norwich at 3pm in the PL when the team are playing very well and fans are allowed to watch…..odd :facepalm:
Lower the point thing to purchase history and it would of sold out in hours, not sure why they are trying to keep away games to the exclusive few :shrug:

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Lower the point thing to purchase history and it would of sold out in hours, not sure why they are trying to keep away games to the exclusive few :shrug:

What us exclusive few thousand that watch unattractive away games up north, watch Carabao Cup games and have had season tickets since Amex opened?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here