Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck out “for some time” after hamstring surgery.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bad news. Weird how there’s reports of Bissouma training and playing when I was told by about 6 posters on NSC we won’t see him for a while :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Gutted for Welbz, he's had such a tough time of it throughout his career, when he gets on the pitch he's shown just what a class act he is.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Are these a recurrence of injuries he has had throughout his career ? We took a chance with him and it is not working out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bad news. Weird how there’s reports of Bissouma training and playing when I was told by about 6 posters on NSC we won’t see him for a while :lol:

More like sixty six posters, there was a whole thread based purely on the assumption that Biss wasn't going to be playing for a while. Good old NSC.

As for Danny Welbeck, yes a great shame, but hardly completely unexpected.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Saving for prosperity at 2pm Saturday

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are these a recurrence of injuries he has had throughout his career ? We took a chance with him and it is not working out.

Well l don't think things have worked out too badly up until now. Let's face it, we knew he was never going to be fit enough to play every game Shirley? The odd lengthy absence was always going to be a distinct possibility.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Recovered from a knee injury and training are the only reports I've seen.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was a risk, we all knew that and he has played a bit and been good for the most part. Is anyone actually shocked?

Good luck to him and hopefully they can sort him out so that he can keep playing, even if only for limited minutes. Quality player on his day

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Well l don't think things have worked out too badly up until now. Let's face it, we knew he was never going to be fit enough to play every game Shirley? The odd lengthy absence was always going to be a distinct possibility.

yes, we've had a good stand from him based on previous, and well worth it.

just as well we got that backup striker in the summer.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Agree but thats the problem of only having 2 decent strikers. Can see one of u23s getting a game over Christmas

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
More like sixty six posters, there was a whole thread based purely on the assumption that Biss wasn't going to be playing for a while. Good old NSC.

As for Danny Welbeck, yes a great shame, but hardly completely unexpected.

Yes, it is a shame - one less option for team selection. We are short of out-and-out strikers, but when we're playing three at the back, with wing backs, it's more a question of playing three attacking players up front - and we;ve got the likes of Trossard, March and Richards who can play in that system - pretty sure Moder and Mac Allister would be more than capable there too.
Welbeck's injury is not good news - but it's not the end of the world either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, we knew the risks (but did nothing about it).

Perhaps we'll see him before easter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

In the, unlikely imo, event that we do let him play it would be a really bad idea in away games whilst this is ongoing. Can you imagine the stick that he is going to get?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agree but thats the problem of only having 2 decent strikers. Can see one of u23s getting a game over Christmas

Bench at best in my opinion, although with Potter you never can tell. Personally l think Connolly will be our "go to" if we are a striker light over the Christmas period, or else we will just start games with a false number nine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here