Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are 12 league games until the transfer window opens.
    36 points and safety you mean?

Sent from my very expensive gated community

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      People said he was not going to play against Norwich or indeed in any game before this is all settled. Training is a different thing. I'll buy a hat and eat - I'll livestream it - it if he is playing against Norwich.

Not working out? His 6 goals last season were pretty useful.

Anyway, not the end of the world. This is DWs heatmap this season:

Attachment 141279

Basically more similar to a left winger than a pure striker and there's plenty of options for that role (March, Mac Allister, Moder to mention a few).
      Do I need to zoom out to see the rest of it?

Sent from my very expensive gated community
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Gutted Welbeck is out. 'Some time' means January at least doesn't it or even longer if it's Lamptey. Welbeck gives us a presence, experience and finishing no-one else in our squad can. We'll be alright but think this could derail any 8th or 9th league finish we could have gone for. Wish the club went for a forward this summer. Has anyone mentioned that?
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      Feck that, I want you to ask @Kosh for one of his rock star hats, you are not getting away with buying the smallest flimsy fabric hat you can find
      I’d rather send him the hat that the wizard in the mr men books gave to mr chatterbox, you know the one that keeps on getting bigger the more he talks until it covers him entirely and he can’t be heard.

That’s the hat for my Swedish paradox.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      "Members"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Fits View Post
      Agreed on both counts. Obviously Biss is going to train, but not a hope he's playing until the court case.
      Unless it's mutually agreed, the club withholding him from the matchday squad because of this before he's charged with anything is an employment tribunal waiting to happen.
      He | Him | His

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Personally I would be surprised and disappointed to see him play before the date he's bailed for, ie 3rd Nov. Hopefully there will be no charges and he'll be free to carry on but if he plays before then he'll get the dogs bollox of abuse from other fans. That said, that doesn't preclude him training as he will need to be ready when called upon by the club.
      No need to be disappointed as you know nothing of what happened and the club do - so if they play him it’ll be their decision given circumstances.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.
      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
      ‘Why’d You Let It Bounce?!’

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      No need to be disappointed as you know nothing of what happened and the club do - so if they play him it’ll be their decision given circumstances.
      You're right, I don't know what happened and the club, unless they've been allowed to see any cctv evidence, only know what they've been told.

My view is that it wouldn't be appropriate to play him. Guessing you don't agree.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      Sarmiento is more of a winger really, generally plays much wider than Welbeck likes to.
      That’s the very reason why I think he’s the one to fill the void, when Welbeck and Maupay are both on the pitch together Danny plays as a wide left forward, we seldom see him as an out and out striker.

Edit. I see the Welbeck heat map illustrates my thoughts, Welbeck playing predominantly down the left.
      What?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by schmunk View Post
      Unless it's mutually agreed, the club withholding him from the matchday squad because of this before he's charged with anything is an employment tribunal waiting to happen.
      How come? The manager can pick whomever he wants in the team. He will still be getting paid under his contract.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      You're right, I don't know what happened and the club, unless they've been allowed to see any cctv evidence, only know what they've been told.

My view is that it wouldn't be appropriate to play him. Guessing you don't agree.
      Not necessarily don’t agree - just think it’s a very broad spectrum of crime (trying not to go too detailed here) and the club will have been told the truth or as close to it as possible you’d think - no stone unturned…
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.
      Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
      ‘Why’d You Let It Bounce?!’