Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/10

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Murderball - the legendary training system that means Leeds can run all day and outplay/run their opponents. As shown in today's stats.

View attachment 141319

Being fit and able to run around for 90 minutes is the minimum for the Prem, not a tactic to build you team around. Most football fans seem to have twigged that Leeds run around a lot, and that does then inevitably create chances, but there's little else in terms of tactics. They did well last season with the promotion hype, but I just find the master tactician tag for Bielsa such an odd one as there's little evidence for it, and it seems they've not been found out.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Brentford putting on a terrific performance this evening.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Brentford putting on a terrific performance this evening.

They deserve the drawer but after our showing today I'm hoping they don't get it. Chelsea will be out of sight now.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Being fit and able to run around for 90 minutes is the minimum for the Prem, not a tactic to build you team around. Most football fans seem to have twigged that Leeds run around a lot, and that does then inevitably create chances, but there's little else in terms of tactics. They did well last season with the promotion hype, but I just find the master tactician tag for Bielsa such an odd one as there's little evidence for it, and it seems they've not been found out.

I think I’d rather Leeds went down than Palace. It would be very funny.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mendy is cock-a-hoop!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Remember last season when so many of their fans were all over social media slating us because Bloom said we wouldn't sell BW to a rival team in terms of looking to avoid relegation? :lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Heady heights of 4th tonight, Everton look pretty good this season and I reckon will overhaul us tomorrow.

Not sure if I want Spurs to tear Newcastle a new one or just play out a bore draw which helps us.

On reflection no actually I want them to tonk the Toon out of sight.

Wonder how their new management would take to Championship Football?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting to see how the Saudi Entity fans treat Steve Bruce today.

I'm sure they are hoping for the "new manager bounce" once he goes. Problem is that statistically speaking no such thing exists. If you lose five in a row you have statistically the same chance of turning it around with the same manager as if you swap to a new one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Remember last season when so many of their fans were all over social media slating us because Bloom said we wouldn't sell BW to a rival team in terms of looking to avoid relegation? :lolol:

Bloom himself didn’t say it, and nowhere did our quoted explanation ever mention relegation.

It was that we were not prepared to sell to a club who’d be a rival / competitor in the same part of the league.

Now Leeds fans assumed that meant scraping around the bottom, and of course found it an hilarious / outrageous idea that they’d ever be struggling. In fact our club will have been targeting 10-12th place - exactly the same as Leeds were.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Bloom himself didn’t say it, and nowhere did our quoted explanation ever mention relegation.

It was that we were not prepared to sell to a club who’d be a rival / competitor in the same part of the league.

Now Leeds fans assumed that meant scraping around the bottom, and of course found it an hilarious / outrageous idea that they’d ever be struggling. In fact our club will have been targeting 10-12th place - exactly the same as Leeds were.

The not selling to a rival thing was so clearly meaning that we basically wouldnt sell to anyone outside the big 6 clubs, as anyone else is a competitor for points (even though technically we have taken points off Arsenal), so its quite hilarious that Leeds fans twisted it to mean relegation rivals and now thats exactly where they find themselves.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I remembered it slightly wrong, but my point remains the same - that Leeds fans got their knickers in a twist at the suggestion that they might not find life back in the Prem a breeze

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Close to it on 606 last night

It’s hilarious…..two weeks ago they were all ‘false position’, ‘not getting the points we deserve’ and ‘watch us shoot up the table’. One or two more bad results and the pitchforks will be properly out - their recent performances have been poor. Beautiful :lolol:

Newcastle and Leeds (plus Norwich who are already toast) would be my dream relegation 3 this season now, with Palace in 17th on goal difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here