Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-18/10

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Tricky situation up there- any manager they bring in will be working with the same squad which has been Championship standard for years.

Not sure the new owners will be too worried. Even going down this season wouldn’t be a big deal in the medium to long term.

Rebuilding a decent squad will take at least a couple of transfer windows. The next few years will be taken up with pumping money into the club by spending on infrastructure- the ground, training facilities etc. The owners will find a way to pump more cash in for transfers by being the shirt sponsor, stadium sponsor etc. It will all come good in a few years time and they will end up towards the top of the Prem surely.

This season- not sure how it will go.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
It won't be easy this for the Saudi's.
If they'd bought us (god forbid) they'd have the best staff in the country and probably at least 8 players who could comfortably contribute to a top-level team.
Tomorrow, they'll almost certainly need a new manager. And who? Who guarantess any success? Probably Klopp or Pep. That's it. And that isn't happening.
They could go down this season.

Maureen next on the list

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alli was on my mind, more winks than Dier
Harry Winks is a great shout. Just the sort of overrated nonsense that Newcastle would waste huge amounts of money on

More overexposed dross Newcastle will end up wasting money? How about Fred at Man Utd, or half the Arsenal team?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I wouldnt be shocked to see it happening.

Hughton might have had a chance, considering previous success at the club, if he had not completely ****ed up at Nottingham.

I think they are either going with a survivalist like Allardyce or going with some ancient big name like Svennis or Hiddink.

Hughton has far too many morals to consider it

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Harry Winks is a great shout. Just the sort of overrated nonsense that Newcastle would waste huge amounts of money on

More overexposed dross Newcastle will end up wasting money? How about Fred at Man Utd, or half the Arsenal team?

I was thinking they might try the other option of raiding Burnley etc for their best players.

But that won’t be big enough from them

Alli really ticks all the boxes

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Tricky situation up there- any manager they bring in will be working with the same squad which has been Championship standard for years.

Not sure the new owners will be too worried. Even going down this season wouldn’t be a big deal in the medium to long term.

Rebuilding a decent squad will take at least a couple of transfer windows. The next few years will be taken up with pumping money into the club by spending on infrastructure- the ground, training facilities etc. The owners will find a way to pump more cash in for transfers by being the shirt sponsor, stadium sponsor etc. It will all come good in a few years time and they will end up towards the top of the Prem surely.

This season- not sure how it will go.

I can see Koeman being brought in.

Barca want rid but can’t afford the pay off - he would be seen as a massive step up on Bruce as well

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Assuming he is actually avaiable to buy, Biss will almost certainly be a very, very high target.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm sure Bruce will be in pieces tonight after that result, unless he he can keep away from the new management of course.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sky going quite big on the Man Utd game………. Where abouts are they in the league now…..?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here