Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Norway killings

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tragic.

Appears to be a lone psycho rather than any terrorist stuff or similar. Difficult to prevent.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Tragic.

Appears to be a lone psycho rather than any terrorist stuff or similar. Difficult to prevent.

My thought too, from the reports. Tragic for all involved and the local community.

These seemingly random acts of violence really shock me. Beggars belief.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tragic.

Does it matter? It's a brutal offence committed by a piece of shite (by definition anybody committing that sort of thing, whatever their reasons, excuses, whatever, is shite).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes it matters

Well, I hope the victims' friends and family realise how important it is - it'll help them no end ...............................

Which would you rather be killed by? - a religious fanatic c**t, a racist c**t, or just a plain ordinary c**t? I mean, you'd need to know, wouldn't you - it might be important to you.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Well, I hope the victims' friends and family realise how important it is - it'll help them no end ...............................

Which would you rather be killed by? - a religious fanatic c**t, a racist c**t, or just a plain ordinary c**t? I mean, you'd need to know, wouldn't you - it might be important to you.

It would not be so much a question of "who?" but "why?", and yes, I do think that question would matter to the victims' families.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

That’s a rather sanctimonious reply, I would imagine it would for various individuals and for the wider public, and powers that be, for prevention reasons at least, this is how gun and knife laws were introduced, maybe (I don’t know myself) but crossbows are something that need to be looked at, anything that prevents a copy cat style attack, so logically it matters greatly.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

It does matter. Any investigation will need to identify whether this horrible act was part of a organised campaign by a group intending to carry out further atrocities. A lone actor is a contained threat and a one-off.

Of course our attitude to events doesn't change the severity or the human cost, but it does change our actions afterwards.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
edited - because i was just being annoying,and childish. Rip to those involved. I appreciate the requote below will still show. Sometimes, one needs protection from oneself!

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Islam again

Your point being?

Hopefully not generalising, lumping them all together, and Condemning the millions of peace loving Muslims in this country and the world over, who will be horrified by this.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Your point being?

Hopefully not generalising, lumping them all together, and Condemning the millions of peace loving Muslims in this country and the world over, who will be horrified by this.

Here we go…! :)

Mods, might as well move to Binfest now

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Very sad , from reports online it does seem that mental health issues may be a possible factor again in this tragic incident

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very sad , from reports online it does seem that mental health issues may be a possible factor again in this tragic incident

I appreciate the withering sarcasm here. May I ask what your solution would be to this? I understand that when certain types get together they talk about killing all the muslims. Or failing that, jailing or simply 'throwing out of the country' all the muslims. Or, if they are feeling a bit more liberal, tagging all the muslims and excluding them from most walks of life, like Hitler did with the Jews before he reluctantly opted for the Final Solution.

I am asking what you think should be done, because making withering facetious comments about mental health speaks to an agenda and I think it would be helpful for us all to know what your agenda is.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I appreciate the withering sarcasm here. May I ask what your solution would be to this? I understand that when certain types get together they talk about killing all the muslims. Or failing that, jailing or simply 'throwing out of the country' all the muslims. Or, if they are feeling a bit more liberal, tagging all the muslims and excluding them from most walks of life, like Hitler did with the Jews before he reluctantly opted for the Final Solution.

I am asking what you think should be done, because making withering facetious comments about mental health speaks to an agenda and I think it would be helpful for us all to know what your agenda is.

I can say with hand on heart that I have never been in the company of those that have mentioned solutions of the type included in your post .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can say with hand on heart that I have never been in the company of those that have mentioned solutions of the type included in your post .

Good! And I normally enjoy reading your posts. I suppose if you have no solution you are no different from the majority of the rest of us. Me included.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That’s a rather sanctimonious reply, I would imagine it would for various individuals and for the wider public, and powers that be, for prevention reasons at least, this is how gun and knife laws were introduced, maybe (I don’t know myself) but crossbows are something that need to be looked at, anything that prevents a copy cat style attack, so logically it matters greatly.

Seems he was already known to police following concerns about possible radicalisation after converting to Islam.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This is a common excuse or reason nearly every time there is a political, religious or racist attack. Yeah right, we know you must be mental in the head full stop if you want to kill people for any reason, never mind for religious or political ideals.

It is used as a defence by any lawyer and used by the police and powers that be for two reasons.
1: They don't want copycat killers, thinking oh a crossbow or lorry that is a great idea.
2: They do not want revenge attacks or any kind of backlash which usually follows, so declare the perpetrator as having mental health issues, attempts to nullify some backlash.

It is just another sad day, but it won't stop, mental health issues and religion go hand in hand in my book.
Religion is a crux, for people who are weak, vulnerable, and lacking in faith in themselves and humanity and need guidance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here