Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] ****ing good old school cocktails in Brighton

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Quite like Bar Valentino upstairs next to The Theatre Royal

That said I haven't been there for 3 or 4 years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If Mrs P and I are out on the town and fancy a cocktail or two, we usually go to Bohemia on Meeting House Lane

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I tried a Snakebite once, also a Black & Tan once (apparently a B&T is an offensive term in parts of Ireland?). Can't say I particularly enjoyed either.
Other than that, the nearest I come to a cocktail is a Rusty Nail - so I'm out of this conversation.

(Shakes head, wonders why people get so excited about cocktails, mutter, mutter, grump grump :wrong: )

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
apparently a B&T is an offensive term in parts of Ireland?

As I understand it, they were thousands of ex-army drafted into the police there during Irish Independence War in the 20s. They weren't very nice people and yes, I wouldn't order that particular drink in, say, Tipperary, if I were you.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I think Bohemia. That’s where Uncle Tone hangs out on the big nights. And they have some good mixo’s in there.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Black Dove top of Jimmy street.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Can't comment on B&H cocktail joints as I don't live there, but just wanted to say that sometimes one doesn't feel like beer or wine, and that's when a cocktail can hit the spot. I'm partial to a Negroni, which is easy to make at home if you have the ingredients: it can f@ck you up quite nicely :cheers:

Please drink responsibly etc

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Both Bees Mouth and the Beat Bar in Western Road will mix you a great margarita, as will the bar at the Hotel DuVin, and the barman at the Salt Room if you wish to eat too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here