Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Never mind the buzzcocks

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
He doesn't bring much to it but the woman that captains the other team is annoying as f*ck! I only watch it for Greg Davies. Mike Wozniak was on this week too and he's always good value.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He doesn't bring much to it but the woman that captains the other team is annoying as f*ck! I only watch it for Greg Davies. Mike Wozniak was on this week too and he's always good value.

Agree - yet to make a meaningful contribution just has a snorty laugh.

Disappointing

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
Daisy annoys me. Wish they had brought phil Jupiter back. It used to be a general music quiz, and the line up round especially was always funny as it was some random saxophone player from a 70s 1 hit wonder. Now its 'spot 3 members of steps'. Not the same. It's alright, but not a patch on the original.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I dont mind the new series - but Daisy REALLY annoys me with that screechy laugh...especially when nothing funny has happened. Shes not funny herself, & seems to be there to just shout a lot.
Wonder if her brother being a writer on Buzzcocks has anything to do with her getting the gig - or the fact shes also on Taskmaster with Greg Davies?

Cynical...moi?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't know what Noel is but it certainly isn't funny.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
or the fact shes also on Taskmaster with Greg Davies?

Cynical...moi?

She did one series like many people have but they might have thought she was entertaining on Taskmaster so she will be on this but she's not the same person on this. She's obviously had a couple of drinks before filming and maybe even other performance enhancing medication.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s ok. Not as good as the original series when Mark Lamar hosted it, but miles better than Simon Amstels version. Greg Davies is doing most of the heavy lifting though when it comes to actually being funny.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never really watched the earlier incarnation, though occasionally saw the odd bit and found it quite sharp and funny at times.

Tried the new version out of curiosity, and gave up after 20 minutes or so. Painful going, with the 'celebs' obviously being pre-fed lines to say, and a format that seemed to be straining so hard it was excruciating – didn't feel naturally funny at all. After a while, it was just boring, tbh.

And while This Country is superb, Daisy May Cooper doesn't feel a good fit here.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I really enjoyed it in the Lamarr era but dropped out early when I went overseas. Never saw the Amstell years. Thought I’d watch the reboot out of curiosity.

It’s all personal taste but I found it dreadful. The pacing felt way off and the canned laughter was way out of proportion with the “jokes”. The whole thing felt just… wrong. Couldn’t get past 15 minutes.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What ever happened to Mark Lamar?

Amstell was an irritant, as shame as it had been a really good show beforehand

haven't seen the new one yet . . .

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
fun fact- Mark Lamarr was at Dean Holdsworth's stag do

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Only seen the first one of this series and thought it was poor, haven't been keen to watch anymore. But will give it one more go and see. It tries to be a music quiz and a comedy panel show, and it is neither. Not enough music questions for a music quiz and not enough funny jokes for a comedy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Latest news on Mark Lamarr:

"Lamarr presented a music show for British Airways on-board listeners as part of their in-flight entertainment. In this show he presented a mix of rock and roll, blues, reggae, soul and R&B".

Is this the programme where five old people lined up and the teams had to guess which one used to be the bass player in Men Without Hats, and Lamarr would say "Man without Hat; Man without teeth; Man without a clue; Man with the golden bum; Half Man Half biscuit" ?

I rather liked it but I'm with [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION].

Anstell I watched once - he was an annoying prick who knew nothing about anything and didn't seem to care, or indeed let that stop him gobbing off.

Actually, I suspect he may be one of the NSC posters I have on ignore ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here