Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kerry Mayo: The worst Albion player I ever played with.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I didn't realise how articulate Kerry is. He comes across really well in that interview and has some great stories.

What an incredible time to have been a Brighton player. I know we're making history of a different kind now but I doubt any Albion player will ever experience such a series of highs and lows (and 12 managers). What makes it perfect is that Kerry was, and is, an Albion fan.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Superb interview and interviewee. As others have stated could do with a Part two, three etc focusing on specifics within his career.
The guy is a legend!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That was the best one yet, I think.

Bit unfair that Barber gets the blame for telling him to tone down the jokes in that last anecdote though. He didn't join until our 2nd Amex season!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Excellent. Best yet Harty. Please consider another episode with Kerry and Stuart Tuck on the war years

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Really enjoyed that Harty. Well done mate and really great to see the Ginger Prince in fine form.

I have to say, we could spend another 10 years in the Premier League but there's something very special about those days when we were battling against the odds with the likes of Kerry, Chippy, Charlie and Bobby.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good watch , as others have said shame it couldn't have been longer . True Albion legend..

I remember meeting him when I lived in Peacehaven and he came into our local with his future in laws and girlfriend (later wife Kerry)
Really polite young man and absolutely grounded. Went on to become a legend as you said.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Really enjoyed that Harty. Well done mate and really great to see the Ginger Prince in fine form.

I have to say, we could spend another 10 years in the Premier League but there's something very special about those days when we were battling against the odds with the likes of Kerry, Chippy, Charlie and Bobby.

Agree. Absolutely loved the 2000-2004 period with that squad. Loved that interview. Thanks. Who did he say was the worst ever Albion player!?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
That was the best one yet, I think.

Bit unfair that Barber gets the blame for telling him to tone down the jokes in that last anecdote though. He didn't join until our 2nd Amex season!

To be fair I think there was a bit of poetic licence with the gag with the Halloween time frame, I think it was the second season and the game was the Sunday St Patrick’s Day massacre, hence the PB email.

But still a funny story all the same.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was cracking [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION]. Superb interview of a top bloke. :bowdown:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Remember that time when Kerry was going to be interviewed and NSC was asked for any questions. It was when there were two Kerry Mayo’s.

The ever brilliant [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] put forward the question “How do you know who the post is for?”.

Of course phrased better than that. Classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here