Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] David Brooks (footballer) - diagnosed with cancer

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wales and Bournemouth midfielder David Brooks has revealed he has been diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement the 24-year-old said he has been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma and will begin treatment next week.

"This is a very difficult message for me to write," said Brooks in a statement.

"I have been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma and will begin a course of treatment next week.

"Although this has come as a shock to myself and my family, the prognosis is a positive one and I am confident that I will make a full recovery and be back playing as soon as possible.

"I'd like to show my appreciation to the doctors, nurses, consultants and staff who have been treating me for their professionalism, warmth and understanding during this period.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58903956

The very same cancer took my young aunt in the late 60’s. Ten years later she’d almost certainly have lived due to medical advancements, DB’s prospects are good I think. Good luck to him.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not that it’s really important, in light of this news, but he’s a terrific footballer, who I’d love to see at the Albion one day.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not that it’s really important, in light of this news, but he’s a terrific footballer, who I’d love to see at the Albion one day.

I remember seeing him at the Albion. I didn't love it at all, as he was playing for the opposition and we got stuffed 5-0. Very talented lad. I've been surprised that nobody in the EPL has taken a punt on him since Bournemouth's relegation. Hope he has a quick and full recovery.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
This is dreadful news. He's a fantastically talented player, who's career was interrupted by a long term injury. I'd love to see him get back to his best, and play football at the highest level again.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not had much luck has he, this lad. I sincerely hope he makes a full recovery, he's a terrific talent.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Terrible news - but like he said it’s definitely a treatable one from what I know. Fingers crossed for Mr Brooks - all here with you Sir.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
My son (NHS leg pain ) thread also had this . Had a stem cell transplant clear now for 8 years .He was also 24,best wishes and a speedy recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Good player. Hope he makes a full recovery. One of the standout players for me watching games at the Amex.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope he gets better and makes a full recovery. One of Bournemouth's best players, always exciting to watch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here