Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] TV fixtures for December

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No - Premier League games aren't schedule on FA Cup third round weekend, as all Premier League clubs are in FA Cup action that weekend!

Cup games are the weekend before.

Thinking of the 4th round, isn’t that mid-late Jan?

Third round used to be first Jan weekend, 4th round 2-3 weeks later

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
8pm boxing day. Thats proper shithouse.

ffs.

Agree 100% - BUT, we take their money, we pay the price I'm afraid.

IMO the club should look at giving away (or sell really cheaply) any available (non ST) tickets otherwise the ground will be 1/2 empty.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

IMO the club should look at giving away (or sell really cheaply) any available (non ST) tickets otherwise the ground will be 1/2 empty.

Agree as it’s going to complete embarrassment with literally thousands of empty seats

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
8pm Boxing Day fantastic what a result, great time, great game, should be great.

These aren't my opinions but I reckon this is my best chance to see my words appearing in the press advertising.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

LOL literally no chance of that.

The tannoy will announce 30,892 attendance that the 12,000 of us there will have a good chuckle at

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glad Wolves changed - had a gig on the Tuesday

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I can get there, but honestly I don't want to now. Absolutely ridiculous decision, clubs need to set some limits in the next rights deal.

Additionally, given the 27th is a Bank Holiday this year, would it not make more sense to put a few more games that day (at reasonable times) as games are being held on the 29th and 30th in the evenings?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Within reason we pay the price. But this is a biggest pile of shit scheduling we've ever had IMO.

I was looking forward to this game, as a friend of mine is a Brentford STH and we were planning on meeting up. Thats out the window now. My seat will be empty.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Boxing Day at 8pm gets me back to Dorsetshire for 1am perhaps. Great!
A lot of our home games feel like they are being televised, but fewer of the away games (might be wrong) - but if so, that's a kick in the balls.

But apart from that, it looks like a hard run of fixtures around Xmas:

- Wolves on Wed night (15th) and then Man U away on the Saturday 18th at 12.30pm
- Home game at 8pm Sunday 26th v Brentofrd then quickly on to Chelsea on Wed 29th

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
8pm on Boxing Day?!

What the actual **** is that about? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :shootself

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
8pm boxing day is a joke, how the hell is anyone using public transport meant to get home. We all know trains will be a nightmare if there are any, trains and buses usually finish early on Boxing day well before the end of the match

I cant see many Brentford fans making this, and given the relative closeness m sure a fair few had it pencilled in as a boxing day treat, any coming will find it almost impossible to get back by train.

We all know us fans come way down the list when deciding when to move games, but this just takes the piss

Why do ANY matches need to be on at 8pm on Boxing Day,

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Easy. Because Sky manage to get 4 live games on TV - at a time when vast majority of people will be at home and probably making the most of their expensive TV subscriptions, which the Premier League & Brighton & Hove Albion get heavily compensated for.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surprised Southampton away is still 3pm at start of December, thought that would have been a game which BT picked up

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We can't complain about this. We (BHA) took their money. We subscribe to their Sports packages. We can't be surprised when we get royally shafted.

And I'm not in favour of this - it's a monumental pain for me to get to and back from - but football has brought this on itself and on this day, it's Brighton and Brentford fans paying for it.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Easy. Because Sky manage to get 4 live games on TV - at a time when vast majority of people will be at home and probably making the most of their expensive TV subscriptions, which the Premier League & Brighton & Hove Albion get heavily compensated for.

Sky only have 2 on Boxing Day, highly imagine ours will be on one of the free Sky channels too which they normally do around Christmas time.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sky only have 2 on Boxing Day, highly imagine ours will be on one of the free Sky channels too which they normally do around Christmas time.

There is still 4 games on TV though right? Hence the 8pm thing

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
8pm boxing day is a joke, how the hell is anyone using public transport meant to get home. We all know trains will be a nightmare if there are any, trains and buses usually finish early on Boxing day well before the end of the match

I cant see many Brentford fans making this, and given the relative closeness m sure a fair few had it pencilled in as a boxing day treat, any coming will find it almost impossible to get back by train.

We all know us fans come way down the list when deciding when to move games, but this just takes the piss

Trains don't usually run at all on Boxing Day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here