Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] TV fixtures for December

BHAFCLive

Sep 21, 2018
But Amazon after doing two whole game weeks, they know what they're covering already

That's true but it's not so much the fixtures that cause the problems - it's where to put them. Because, as an example, if Amazon choose 4 games for the Thursday that impacts Sky and, particularly, BT because they then have fewer teams to be able to select on the following Saturday.

We know that we're playing West Ham (on Amazon) that midweek, but because West Ham are playing on the Sunday before, we now cannot play on the Tuesday. Wednesday would be the most likely, though I think 5 other midweek fixtures also can't be on the Tuesday, which leaves a very busy Wednesday night. In order to maximise Amazon's schedule, they will be negotiating to move some to Thursday and probably how best they can split the Wednesday KOs to be viable for fans (ie not 6pm or 8.30) and also policing/safety etc (is 7pm too early and likely to overwhelm public transport at commute time?)

Likewise, we all know our match at Chelsea will be on Amazon at the end of December but what day and time is part reliant on how the Boxing Day schedule before it moves about for Sky, BT and the authorities. Almost every selection has a potential knock on effect for the next round in such a compact schedule as December.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean, how hard can it really be?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sam Wallace

74864530c7e21b272ef0b9f82c3f18e7.jpg

d75f310f843f9079978f7a5e121db7d2.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Stupid question for someone who may have made a huge error.
Wolves on December 14th. Was this game always shown as being played on this day? Stupidly I've booked a trip to Germany that week convinced there was no game.
Even worse, we leave at 9 am Sunday 12th and the Spurs game is bound to be moved. What on earth was I thinking?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stupid question for someone who may have made a huge error.
Wolves on December 14th. Was this game always shown as being played on this day? Stupidly I've booked a trip to Germany that week convinced there was no game.
Even worse, we leave at 9 am Sunday 12th and the Spurs game is bound to be moved. What on earth was I thinking?

Yes Wolves has always been scheduled for 14th, but as Spurs are playing Reims on 9th December, this will move our home game against Spurs and the Wolves game.

If taking holidays during the football season, I thought that was what international breaks were for.

At the moment my wife is suggesting we go away for Xmas, but Brentford at home then Chelsea away, no chance.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes Wolves has always been scheduled for 14th, but as Spurs are playing Reims on 9th December, this will move our home game against Spurs and the Wolves game.

If taking holidays during the football season, I thought that was what international breaks were for.

At the moment my wife is suggesting we go away for Xmas, but Brentford at home then Chelsea away, no chance.

Which is why I've just returned from a holiday up north. Must have had a mental breakdown to book the 12th December. Luckily it is all cancelable so will bring it forward a week subject to the Saints game not moving.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We had that discussion. Didn’t last long :D

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I recommend this if things progress!

https://www.hotelrafayel.com

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

We had that discussion. Didn’t last long :D

Anybody else been asked by [MENTION=20527]studio150[/MENTION]'s wife if they want to go away for Christmas? ???

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Word from the premier league this morning is that they will let us know "as soon as they can"

Pathetic

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here