Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] SV Babelsburg 03 FC - anyone been?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
They're based in Potsdam; has anyone been before and is it worth a visit? Would one get the full 'German experience'* at one of their matches?

*Not sure exactly what that means

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got family who are season ticket holders.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're based in Potsdam; has anyone been before and is it worth a visit? Would one get the full 'German experience'* at one of their matches?

*Not sure exactly what that means

I don't think it means anything more than watching matches with beer and sausages - it could be wurst

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised it is not Shithouse then...

What kind of maniac would be a season ticket holder to a football club, then relentlessly rant, rave, moan and be generally unpleasant about everything it stands for?

Shirley no such person exists?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
It's the St Pauli of East Germany: lots of left wingers, punk and beer! Seriously great bunch. I've done a gig for 'em.
(So to a slightly lesser extent incidentally, are Union St Gilloise, now linked with us through Mr Bloom, whom I watched quite a times while playing in a band in Brussels.)

Babelsburg are nowhere near as well supported as St Pauli cos they are at a much lower level of football but you will indeed get a smaller version of the St Pauli experience, which is itself the very epitome of the full German experience (with extra beer, punk rock and left wing politics :) )

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's the St Pauli of East Germany: lots of left wingers, punk and beer! Seriously great bunch. I've done a gig for 'em.
(So to a slightly lesser extent incidentally, are Union St Gilloise, now linked with us through Mr Bloom, whom I watched quite a times while playing in a band in Brussels.)

Babelsburg are nowhere near as well supported as St Pauli cos they are at a much lower level of football but you will indeed get a smaller version of the St Pauli experience, which is itself the very epitome of the full German experience (with extra beer, punk rock and left wing politics :) )

Even used to be known as Karl-Marx Babelsberg in the past!

Not seen them but I've spent a whopping 4 hours in Potsdam... decent city from what I saw, not what you might "expect" from East Germany.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] are you any more use than the above bunch of goons?

I’ve never been I’m afraid. What I can say is you’ll get a German vibe, to varying degrees, at most grounds. By vibe I mean rock music, beer, sausage and a sing song.

Jul 7, 2003
...and snow-wash denim with colourful patches and mullets

It's been a long time since [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] has been able to consider having a mullet:rock::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here