Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Deon Estus RIP

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Best known for being the 5th member of iconic duo Wham , Pepsi & Shirley making up the other two.

He was a very talented bass player, also played with greats like Tina Turner. & Elton John and of course the late great George Michael .

Released some good solo work as well like heaven help me .

Only 65 RIP

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Best known for being the 5th member of iconic duo Wham , Pepsi & Shirley making up the other two.

He was a very talented bass player, also played with greats like Tina Turner. & Elton John and of course the late great George Michael .

Released some good solo work as well like heaven help me .

Only 65 RIP

Can you have a 5th member of a duo?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Good question. George & Andrew were Wham but supported by their two backing singers who have said they felt very integral to the band . The whole look and image was really the 4 of them not just George. & Andrew . Probably wouldn’t happen nowadays but they were all good friends not a manufactured group like many of today’s groups .

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have been sitting here trying to work that one out too. :nono:

bullshit-equation.png
Easy :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good question. George & Andrew were Wham but supported by their two backing singers who have said they felt very integral to the band . The whole look and image was really the 4 of them not just George. & Andrew . Probably wouldn’t happen nowadays but they were all good friends not a manufactured group like many of today’s groups .

So what you are saying is that this guy wasnt the fifth member of a duo but the fifth member of a quartet?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So what you are saying is that this guy wasnt the fifth member of a duo but the fifth member of a quartet?

No, he was the 5th member of a duo plus a duo - yes, it's confusing......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m surprised there’s not more Wham fans on NSC .

There was more than five. Dee C Lee and another chap in there on top of the one you mention.

I don't know how I knew that. And how my cat became to be known as 'Pepsi' is beyond me :dunky:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
There was more than five. Dee C Lee and another chap in there on top of the one you mention.

I don't know how I knew that. And how my cat became to be known as 'Pepsi' is beyond me :dunky:

I never knew she sang with Wham, obviously I was knew she was a member of The Style Council, but that rather taints her credibility for me. Oh dear, Dee C Lee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here