Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Covid response ‘one of UK’s worst ever public health failures’

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Fear ye not, Sir Kneel will be along shortly to put everyone right.

TjW5.gif

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Fear ye not, Sir Kneel will be along shortly to put everyone right.

View attachment 141219

Shame the Tories didn’t listen to him when he demanded a lock down last Autumn to prevent huge rises in Covid and thousands of subsequent deaths.

They also ignored the advice of SAGE over this and their hands are covered in blood. Much like Boris’ hands when he was holding the pigs head whilst Cameron ****ed it during a Bullingdon initiation. What they did to that pig, they’ve been doing to our country for over a decade.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The report was far more balanced and nuanced than the headline siggrests but this thread is all about point scoring so do carry on...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I know people would prefer to discuss Brexit and class warfare but one interesting part of the report I hadn’t previously picked up on was the decision not to investigate properly following the South Korean model. My own view is it stemmed from a fear of confronting businesses and a belief that the population would not comply. Both of which were well founded.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The report was far more balanced and nuanced than the headline siggrests but this thread is all about point scoring so do carry on...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Is it about point scoring though? A quick count suggests that more than half of the posts on this thread are immediately dismissing the report. I haven't had a chance to read it yet let alone make my mind up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame the Tories didn’t listen to him when he demanded a lock down last Autumn to prevent huge rises in Covid and thousands of subsequent deaths.

They also ignored the advice of SAGE over this and their hands are covered in blood. Much like Boris’ hands when he was holding the pigs head whilst Cameron ****ed it during a Bullingdon initiation. What they did to that pig, they’ve been doing to our country for over a decade.

To be fair, SAGE have repeatedly come out with awful advice and predictions throughout this as well - many of which proved to be nonsense very quickly. Not many come out of this with much credit (vaccine developers and keyworkers etc excepted, obviously), but ain’t hindsight wonderful :shrug::shrug:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
nobody has had to ever deal with anything like Covid before. I have no doubt throughout Europe all leaders will be looking at what they did well and what they did wrong and hopefully learn from it . UK governments and scientist will be doing the same.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Or indeed the medical experts telling them to lock down ASAP.

I agree, in hindsight, a quicker lockdown may have been more prudent.

Enforcement/compliance would have been interesting, our great nation might have been a little reluctant in the early days given that even with what we know now, some still refuse to toe the line.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The instant dismissal from some posters was predictable. But when people say it was unprecedented (it wasn’t) and how could they have known what to do? Well read the report itself, it tells you exactly how they could have known what to do and details how they failed to act.
It’s all very well to dismiss it outright. Read the report.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
nobody has had to ever deal with anything like Covid before. I have no doubt throughout Europe all leaders will be looking at what they did well and what they did wrong and hopefully learn from it . UK governments and scientist will be doing the same.

That's completely untrue - as the report points out. The failure of the governement was not to take into account how countries that had experienced pandemics, Sars, for example. South Korea, which has a similar population to the UK (and is more dense) had a very low casualty rate because they had a range of responses to a pandemic which the government swiftly put in place. The UK government paid no attention at all to measures that could have helped - that's what's so damning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here