Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just watching Wales vs Dystonia. One of the Estonians (yes, yes) went down and didn't get the decision and could be lip-read saying 'How?'. Like every EPL player, presently, for every decision they don't like.

But....an Estonian? Is this now special football language?

It means 'How the **** did you make such a cantly decision, you absolute soak of a so-called referee?'

I don't know any profession, clique, gang or rabble that uses 'how' like this.

"you're nicked, son"
"How?"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I am giving you this ticket for illegal parking"
"How? ???"

"That will be five pound fifty, sir; you have given me only a fiver for this delicious comestible"
"HOW?!!!"

Weird. It's weirder than weird. Fact :shrug:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I liked it with Fred Dinenage!

0C56C152-1CCC-4FF1-B48D-F6DC86D5B54C.jpeg

:lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just watching Wales vs Dystonia. One of the Estonians (yes, yes) went down and didn't get the decision and could be lip-read saying 'How?'. Like every EPL player, presently, for every decision they don't like.

It means 'How the **** did you make such a cantly decision, you absolute soak of a so-called referee?'

"you're nicked, son"
"How?"

"How? ???"

"That will be five pound fifty, sir; you have given me only a fiver for this delicious comestible"
"HOW?!!!"

Having a Glaswegian dad means I grew up with “How?” meaning “Why?”

Kevin Bridges once endeavoured to explain this particular linguistic oddity…(clip below contains liberal use of f-word, if that is an issue at home / work etc).

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

"you're nicked, son"
"How?"

"How? ???"

"HOW?!!!"

They say how up here north of the boarder when they should say why or what totally infuriating

est.83

Dec 6, 2003
Estonia
Like every EPL player, presently, for every decision they don't like.

To be frank - yesterday's ref was absolutely rubbish. Cymru players were talking as much if not more. And talking about language - I think some of Estonian players can speak EPL... as they are part of EPL squads.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be frank - yesterday's ref was absolutely rubbish. Cymru players were talking as much if not more. And talking about language - I think some of Estonian players can speak EPL... as they are part of EPL squads.

Hi Frank.

Yes, I was being somewhat whimsical, which is often appropriate on many NSC threads.

I agree, the ref was poor. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here