Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What's the deal with 3d number plates?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I might be imagining it, but there seems to be a fair few cars around now where the number plates have raised/3d/solid lettering.

Is this a new thing?

Why do it?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yet ANOTHER benefit of Brexit. Those EU morons and their flat number plates can do one. 3D all the way for the mighty UK.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
12516440-B1D9-4EB0-BD17-504C1DF15FEA.jpeg

I can’t say I’ve noticed any yet but I’m guessing it’s the car owners with personal plates that buy them, usually have a plate that sort of spells their name, then a space followed by an X….odd :facepalm:

Seems that having a backfiring exhaust is also a novelty these days ???

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yep now we've taken back control of our number plates means us Brits can have these plates. Seen loads of them around Hove, not just personal plates by any stretch of the imagination.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
View attachment 141191

I can’t say I’ve noticed any yet but I’m guessing it’s the car owners with personal plates that buy them, usually have a plate that sort of spells their name, then a space followed by an X….odd :facepalm:

4d? So that's the point - you can travel in time if you have one of these plates!

Yep now we've taken back control of our number plates means us Brits can have these plates. Seen loads of them around Hove, not just personal plates by any stretch of the imagination.

Yeah, I'm not sure any I've seen were personalised - all looked regular-issued registrations.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
my cars nearly 60 years old and has '3D' number plates. No plate fashion has its moments, remember thos awful black silver perspex/foil ones in the 80's?

JSB_7762 (Medium).JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I saw one the other day that was black with added GLITTER on it :eek:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
look retro and a bit european.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here