Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

D

Deleted member 2719

Ahh....................... 76 my favourite year.

Fuelled with testosterone and two world champions, and it was hot, hot hot.

Attachments

• World Champs.PNG
    World Champs.PNG
    736.5 KB · Views: 663

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
'The Hungry Years' *sigh* A pic of my mispent youth. :)

Hungry Years...... I was in there a couple of weeks back, cannot remember what it's called now but Mrs Fridge and I had missed the bus to Peacehaven and needed some liquid refreshment. The place was nearly empty and when I enquired about the beers it was like Monty Python's Cheese Shop sketch. 'Normally sir but not today', 'The cat drank it' etc etc. As it transpired they had delivery issues but he wasn't allowed to say that. Bizarre and some if you ask me? Faced with Coors, Coors Light or nothing else....we beat a hasty retreat to the St James Tavern on Madeira Place. It was excellent...one of the best pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord I have had for a long time.

Anyway that's my story and i am sticking to it! :lolol:

TNBA

TTF

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That’s what took my attention too. I had my 18th birthday do there, and then almost everyone else in my class at BHSVIC did too. 1983. Makes me feel old!
Thursday night, free room hire as long as you had plenty there to drink the beer.

Was a regular, three times a week, from 1979 until 1986 - went to BHASVIC too, oddly enough. Never been a rock club like it. :)

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
The year I started supporting Brighton, 1976, first match 2nd leg of League cup Vs Brentford 1-1. I thought it was ok but was then told we'd lost the 1st leg, D'oh!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I remember being outside the pier and being totally amazed by the magnetic window cleaner. I would have only been nine years old

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thank you, that’s a treasure trove of memories.

I remember Asterix. The numbers on that receipt are a lovely bit of history in themselves! The different colour bus companies, West Street full of building societies and down the beach was rather run down.

Definitely glad I posted it now.
I was showing my 18 year old son the photos and I mentioned West Street with building societies, the famous Bosun pub is also in the photo, I think it had changed names when I first started going drinking.
Where I grew up in Brighton we had a choice of different bus companies to use to go to and from the town centre.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Where I grew up in Brighton we had a choice of different bus companies to use to go to and from the town centre.

Me too. Coming in from Portslade, number 49s were blue and number 2s (oh I say, Madam) were green.

#BusNerd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here