Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fan's view of the season (so far)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Okay, so only a few games in - but interesting views on our start, and the Newcastle fan's view on their season seems to be desperately trying to avoid the elephant that is their new owner - and a few other comments from fans of other teams that will no doubt have a few spluttering into their tea :)

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...e-season-so-far-part-one-arsenal-to-leicester

My guess is that the Newcastle fans answered the questions before the takeover was done, or they would have most likely referred to it.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
'What is the ‘Palace way’? Attacking, entertaining football played at pace by skilful young players who have something to prove. It could be back.'

Hmmmm no doubt drug induced delusion from the ungulating writer......

Zaha's Strop! What a plonker Rodney!

TNBA

TTF

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Best performance is given as Palace where we were non-descript for large stretches and deserved nothing better than the point we scraped...

Worst performance is given as Arsenal where we frequently played them off the park and deserved all 3 points?

What sort of moron is this 'fan' and could we get a better one in next time?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Best performance is given as Palace where we were non-descript for large stretches and deserved nothing better than the point we scraped...

Worst performance is given as Arsenal where we frequently played them off the park and deserved all 3 points?

I doubt it will happen - they seem to have been the go-to person for a perspective on Brighton for at least 8 years, from a quick Google

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I notice the Palace gimp has COMPLETELY whitewashed our game from his psyche. Worst moment - "Watford away in the Carabao Cup not scoring a goal" - yeah, right-o.

Says it all.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Indeed. Maupay scoring that goal might have been the "best moment" but to call the CP game the best performance (and Arsenal the worst) is a bit... wrong. Its as if this dude/dudess only saw/remember the two last games and still got it wrong somehow.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I doubt it will happen - they seem to have been the go-to person for a perspective on Brighton for at least 8 years, from a quick Google

A “Stephanie Fincham” also gets thanked as being part of The Guardian Weekend Team in the Acknowledgements sections of a couple of books written by Guardian journos.

So I think it’s a fair assumption to make that she actually works at The Guardian, and therefore chances of displacing her as the go-to “fans’ voice” are zero.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here