Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Scott, Gary Linekar, Gabby Logan, Gareth Southgate

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not being someone who reads the Daily Mail (I was overcome with curiosity) I wonder if our OP could post the links to the quality journalism of the paper as it exposes the problems associated with Qatar mentioned in this article. I assume that as they are criticising others for their lack of action on this matter they must have done a whole lot of great work in drawing attention to these problems and driving change. I looked with interest to see if the Daily Mail themselves were going to boycott the competition and not report on the games, however, I must have missed this part (quite possible as I only skimmed the article as it appears to be of very low value).

I would also ask for the link that shows the paper apologising for their own counts of misogyny, homophobia and racism over the years.

Once I have these links then perhaps I can stop laughing, address the shocking virtue signalling in this article and suggest that they concentrate their campaign on the FA rather than their employee and presenters whose job it is to present their games. Personally, I am right behind any plan that suggests to the FA that they boycott the Qatar world cup.

Infact I will go further. All the time the Daily Mail boycott the world cup by not reporting on it, I will follow their lead and boycott it too. Who is with me?

I'm in.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Expect to see lots of media people going to the world cup saying I struggled with my conscience but on reflection decided it was better to go and 'shine a light' on the injustices ... by that they mean write one article in their **** star Hotel suite and spend 99% of the time talking football.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I note the OP is still online but not offering any defence of his virtue signalling.

I think we have been done here lads.

???

It was an egregious bit of pro-Mail fishing by someone I have on ignore. Who could possibly have guessed? This will soon be in the bear p...... oh.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
If any pundit refuses to go and makes it public why, they’ll have my utmost respect.

Agreed. I would love it if England win their qualifying group and then Southgate and the players declare that they won't go to Qatar. I could forgive Southgate any amount of tactical ineptitude for that.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ue-signalling-football-world-speak-Qatar.html

And many others not coming out too well in this. Whilst the causes of gay rights and women’s equality are absolutely needed and wanted, this just shows that the message from the top is often only espoused as long as it suits and maintains the careers of the rich and famous.

And to those who might choose not to read the article because it is in the Dail Mail, you are also guilty of two faced virtue signalling.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

you've done it to yourself, AGAIN!

you're good value, wellthick, don't go changing :D :moo: :facepalm:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

when England refuse to attend i will be in.....being the sad **** that i am , if our overpaid , deluded twatts are gonna chase a ball in airconditioned stadiums in a sterile atmosphere , no doubt with goal music and fireworks/confetti when a goal is scored then i will be compelled to watch , if only to drunkenly tell the **** sat next to me how shit the game has become....:thumbsup:

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
An article about nothing because not one of the pundits/presenters responded to their questions.

However Katie Hind already had her quotes from disgruntled women and homosexuals lined up and decided it was worth writing anyway.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ue-signalling-football-world-speak-Qatar.html

And many others not coming out too well in this. Whilst the causes of gay rights and women’s equality are absolutely needed and wanted, this just shows that the message from the top is often only espoused as long as it suits and maintains the careers of the rich and famous.

And to those who might choose not to read the article because it is in the Dail Mail, you are also guilty of two faced virtue signalling.

Thinly veiled anti-BBC thread from one of the board’s biggest gonks. Pass.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Expect to see lots of media people going to the world cup saying I struggled with my conscience but on reflection decided it was better to go and 'shine a light' on the injustices ... by that they mean write one article in their **** star Hotel suite and spend 99% of the time talking football.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

“….. if we can use this to educate just one Qatari, that’s a success”. Blah, blah, blah.

Don’t lie. You wanted to go to a WC, stay in a 6 star hotel all expenses paid and grab opportunities to see games most football people in the world give anything for.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’d like to see these people refusing to comment - I’d also like to see them all presented with the evidence of Qatar being this way as they may not have had a clue - so didn’t want to comment on a whole nation’s actions. Then there’s something to talk about maybe…!?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A few years ago my brother's best mate died in an accident, or more correctly was killed because a business was negligent. The way the Daily Mail wrote the story though you could think the fact he was gay and had a boyfriend was the most important thing in the whole incident. It's weirdly like they thought their readers would be more interested in speculating about a lifestyle than actually reading the facts of a tragic case. God forbid, before the inquiry established the facts, almost implying his lifestyle might have contributed. Didn't like them before but I must now for sure be a two faced virtue signaller because I find their small minded, divisive, hypocritical rubbish totally nauseating.

The Daily Mail is a filthy, ugly piece of trash. A friend of my was interviewed by police, along with many others close to the deceased (as is the practice), after someone was murdered.

The paper got wind of it and doorstepped him continually causing grief to his young family. They then published an article trying to find the best connection they could to infer in someone's mind the thought he could be involved. He was not a suspect.

I hate them with every sinew I can muster.

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
The Daily Mail is a filthy, ugly piece of trash. A friend of my was interviewed by police, along with many others close to the deceased (as is the practice), after after someone was murdered.

The paper got wind of it and doorstepped him continually causing grief to his young family. They then published an article trying to find the best connection they could to infer in someone's mind the thought he could be involved. He was not a suspect.

I hate them with every sinew I can muster.

Yes,

From first hand anecdotal evidence of people I trust, this is a good summary of the rag and also expresses my feelings about it.

Jan 30, 2008

DEFUND THE BBC
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here