Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Just dropping by to say hello from WATFORD O

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
Well done on your great start to the season.

Reckon we are also on the up now we have got rid of Hearn and Bechetti (?) and got some amazing new owners in. A blip last week but we will bounce back. Jacket’s a top manager.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Reckon we are also on the up now we have got rid of Hearn and Bechetti (?) and got some amazing new owners in. A blip last week but we will bounce back. Jacket’s a top manager.

Those days out at Orient are amongst my best and worse memories of the war years. Taking up at least a third of the ground every time was fun. I have a soft spot for Orient that I could not have imagined back then when you were a Palace Lite club to the Albion :wink:

Dean Wilkins being sent off for swearing at a linesman, probably his most passionate moment in an Albion shirt :lolol: Someone in the crowd being asked to move because his shirt clashed with the Linos flag.(not 100% sure on that one but pretty certain it was at Orient)

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Great to here from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
LO

Very pleased that my firm (Moore Kingston Smith LLP) sponsor the back of the team shirts and the Women's team too at LO :). LO is a great community club and are doing great work on Mental Health :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Someone in the crowd being asked to move because his shirt clashed with the Linos flag.(not 100% sure on that one but pretty certain it was at Orient)

Thought this happened at the Goldstone as well. Someone in the south end of the East had a coat the same as the flag. Jogs a memory somewhere deep in my banks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Someone in the crowd being asked to move because his shirt clashed with the Linos flag.(not 100% sure on that one but pretty certain it was at Orient)

Surely an urban myth?

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
Those days out at Orient are amongst my best and worse memories of the war years. Taking up at least a third of the ground every time was fun. I have a soft spot for Orient that I could not have imagined back then when you were a Palace Lite club to the Albion :wink:

Dean Wilkins being sent off for swearing at a linesman, probably his most passionate moment in an Albion shirt :lolol: Someone in the crowd being asked to move because his shirt clashed with the Linos flag.(not 100% sure on that one but pretty certain it was at Orient)

I remember those days well! Brilliant memories, well apart from some Albion threatening my 8 year old! Weve suffered a lot since but I think now is our time. We are on the up. Im not sure I would want my team in the prem though. That may sound odd but theres a trade off. I think prem clubs can lose their soul to get there and stay there. Its probably not something I am ever going to have to worry too much about!

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
Morning Twatty, I see you finished your paper round early this morning :wink:

And CR means great to hear from you. (I do a bit of interpreting these days as part of my charity work)

Its always good to see my alter ego is alive and well and living off my legendary status!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Its always good to see my alter ego is alive and well and living off my legendary status!

It still makes me smile when I remember setting up this account as WATFORD 0 many years ago, and you were whining to all the mods that someone had hacked your account :lolol:

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
It still makes me smile when I remember setting up this account as WATFORD 0 many years ago, and you were whining to all the mods that someone had hacked your account :lolol:

I dont remember doing that but it probably happened. Im an older calmer chap these days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surely an urban myth?

Definitely not. Cannot be 100% certain it was at Orient but it made the tv in the sports news at the time. I don’t think the fan went willingly which didn’t help

The other thing I remember clearly was the Orient striker Richardson scoring (may have been a hatrick) and cupping his ear whilst running the full length of the pitch in front of the Albion fans who had taken up one side of the ground.

Made me laugh, although it shouldn’t have

At the time just about every taxi I took in London seemed to be driven by an Orient fan :lolol:

Bueno (?) and his hilarious playlist - YMCA etc. Now he was a bitter ****

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Thanks and welcome back to 'I am so don' Watford O.

Orient away was always memorable.

Unsanitised, authentic football fan experiences of a different time that left their mark.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here