Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Has anyone got a succesful side hustle?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I've heard about dropshipping which is basically buying and selling on Amazon marketplace. You buy cheap and try to sell for a profit but you don't hold any stock, it's shipped directly from where you bought it, usually China.

Anyone got any other side hustles that you don't need any prior qualifications or skills to do?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Not me personally but I know someone that gets paid for writing blog posts. He is signed up to a company who ask him to research and churn out 3,000 words on a topic and gets paid per word. Not the most profitable but low effort/stress.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I’ve got a gin brand, which I run as a side hustle. I don’t do the distilling myself (I’ve got a professional in the North West who does that), but I handle the branding, sales, marketing etc.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Interesting, I had you down for being more likely to be a Pimp than a Prostitute [Gigolo] ...

Sadly, I never had the fashion sense :(

R-1094755-1396258527-2268.jpeg.jpg

Huge fan, but every time I look at this album cover :wink:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes.

Buy oil cans/petroliana from the US and have it shipped out here to sell to the rather big Garagenalia collectors market.

At a minimum doubling money on each item, sometimes profit margin is 4-5 times what was paid.

Thinking about expanding it to purchasing from the UK as well now.

No previous knowledge of it, just watched the facebook auction groups selling it and got an idea of what was popular and just took the plunge.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Not me personally but I know someone that gets paid for writing blog posts. He is signed up to a company who ask him to research and churn out 3,000 words on a topic and gets paid per word. Not the most profitable but low effort/stress.

That does sound like quite a bit of work though for little money. I'll look into that too though, cheers.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I was moonlighting throughout the summer, so kind of a side hustle. More jobs than chefs at the moment.

I hate cooking :lolol:

But fortunately I do have full time work so literally want something for the evenings/weekends at home.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Yes.

Buy oil cans/petroliana from the US and have it shipped out here to sell to the rather big Garagenalia collectors market.

At a minimum doubling money on each item, sometimes profit margin is 4-5 times what was paid.

No previous knowledge of it, just watched the facebook auction groups selling it and got an idea of what was popular and just took the plunge.

That's interesting. I suppose with the rise of "Man caves" etc people are looking for oddities to decorate them with.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That's interesting. I suppose with the rise of "Man caves" etc people are looking for oddities to decorate them with.

Maybe don't actually use the strapline 'oddities for man caves' in your venture ???

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

Absolutely mate.

I've seen cans that were originally just used to hold petrol for the lawn mower going for thousands if they are the right brand.

It's nothing new, just the same as scouting markets for old treasures to sell on. Knowledge is the key.

Just have to find that niche market and get out there looking for what's hot.

Cans you could buy over there in the UK from 2 to 20 pounds I could probably get $40-$200 for.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Yes.

:bigwave: I paid a lot of money for an empty oil can from Japan for my garage. Glad it's not just me who does this stuff. Do you have an eBay shop as I know a few people who also buy things like this, I can send them your way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here