Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have you ever been to watch the U23s play ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No poll I just want a reply for the reason why you either have or haven't been.

Here's why I do attend some U23 games,

Cost, I pick away games within 3 hours drive from home, usually it's either free or a fiver to get in.

The quality of football is just fantastic nowadays it's technically on par with the first team but with less gifted and mature players, the less gifted bit is the part I love to watch as they become stronger and better equipped for the man's game.

There seems to be a hard-core group of fans who attend the U23 games and rarely will you see more than 150 at a game.

I'd love it if more Brighton fans turned up for these games because your missing out on some good exciting footy and showing your support for the youngsters can only make them better players and feel welcome at the club.

So have you been ? Would you go ? , no hidden agenda just curious as to the general feeling of supporters towards our youngsters progression.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes
v Villa in the league cup

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes been a few times at the training ground

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not yet, but I hope to on Tuesday (U21s anyway) - if it isn't rained off again!

Is it generally easy to get in to watch U23 away games? POTG even?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Done a few at the training ground; is a good standard of football and enjoyable to watch. Saw a game there against Bayern Munich (I think) who had a small army of supporters making a bit of noise

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been to Walsall and Forest Green (kind of) this season in the pizza cup, plus Cardiff and Swansea in the league cup (not U23 games, but U23s played a big part)....I've enjoyed the matches and we've got some really good players coming through (I especially like the look of Ferguson, Tolaj, Sarmiento, Roberts, Richards and Tsoungui). I've been able to bring the whole family for about £20/£30 so that's been pretty decent too.

See you at Forest Green on Tuesday, weather permitting!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've been to a few at The Amex thank you for asking. It's free as a S/T holder, I get free parking and the chance of a pie and a chat with my son while we appreciate the finer touches of our future stars.

Jul 7, 2003
Been to a few at the training ground as it is a great chance to see young talent. Especially enjoyed the European game against Bayern a few years back.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes a couple of times a season I watch them (at Lancing or the occasional Amex match). Partly as it is free for STH though mainly as I like football and all things Albion. Also watch the Sussex Senior Cup matches, which though the team is BHAFC is always the youngsters, against local teams.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Are the games at Lancing open again.?

Not since covid struck.

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 21.46.30.png

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not yet, but I hope to on Tuesday (U21s anyway) - if it isn't rained off again!

Is it generally easy to get in to watch U23 away games? POTG even?

The EFL Trophy matches gives you the best chance to get to see them play, it's basically a normal routine matchday scenario, there are home and away supporters, lots of times both sets of fans are in the same end segregated by one steward on double time.

You can clearly see which of the youngsters stand out and look like their going to make the next step up, the first time I saw Sanchez was at a EFL trophy game v Southend, he made one of the best saves I've ever seen in that game yet was atrocious with his kicking, so not really a player I noted down as a maybe! Just shows what I know about player potential :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here