Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which Albion player has annoyed you the most since you started watching the Albion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It may be unjustified but for me it was Nicky Rust after he had an injury that kept him out for a while. Went from a really useful looking keeper to one who couldn’t stop a pig in a passage. Really wound me up :shrug:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Unpopular opinion I suspect, but it's Robert Codner.

Never did anywhere near enough.
And just when he did start performing got banged up. Idiot

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

It was a post I made about him that inspired the thread :lolol:

I actually liked him! Awesome at Millwall in the playoffs too. He could be a couldn’t care less lazy bugger though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

He is who I first thought of.

I always felt, if he could be bothered he could have been so much better than he was most of the time.
Wasted potential.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I agree with all that. Very talented player but somehow his head wasn't in the right place.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Paddy McCourt.

Reminded me of one of those irritating twàts at primary school who thought he was world class just because he could dribble a bit and then moaned "aaah FOULER" as soon as any opponent got remotely physical. Basically his game consisted of dribbling into dangerous areas and then wasting it. All the f**king time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Coca-Cola kid, if he had applied himself as others with less talent did, he could have been a decent player for us.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont have that many to choose from but the 150 minutes or so I saw from Gaetan Bong left me very frustrated. Also not a big Montoya fan.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Kurt Nogan. How dare he smile at the north stand just after he'd missed a sitter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Akpom

We’ve had loads of loan players but they’ve always tried their hardest and often been stand out players. Ward, Lingard, Teixeira, Bridge, Bent. Even someone like Tomori was very young but did a job. But Akpom just seemed like he couldn’t be arsed and didn’t want to be there. A feeling he shared with me and doubtless countless others.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Codner was my first thought - seemingly not alone there.

But two others were Harley and Dobbie - both clearly had some talent but neither could be arsed when playing for us. And, of course, Dobbie came back to score a blinding goal.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Paddy McCourt.

Reminded me of one of those irritating twàts at primary school who thought he was world class just because he could dribble a bit and then moaned "aaah FOULER" as soon as any opponent got remotely physical. Basically his game consisted of dribbling into dangerous areas and then wasting it. All the f**king time.

May I add a big fat YES! I have no idea how he seemed to gain a cult following other that the fact that we were roundly awful around then and desperate for a bit of flair to brighten up the dark Hyypia days when we couldn't buy a win.

I'd also include Ryan Harley, Kemy Agustien and Leon Best into a similar camp, blatantly talented but infuriatingly lazy, clearly not fit and arrogant in their approach. I don't mind players who may not be good enough (Bong for example) it's the ones that don't even seem to try. I burned more calories watching from the WSL than those three did on the pitch most games. Infuriating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here