Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The picks in previous years were:

2017 Cashman
2018 Jenks
2019 Tsoungui
2020 Ifill

Will be interesting to see if any make a splash in the first team. Flicking through the previous years of PL and world talent it's notable how many don't fulfil their early promise.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll see. In their defence, I suppose this is somewhat difficult to predict.
2017: Danny Cashman. Released, signed by Coventry, currently on loan at Rochdale.
2018: Teddy Jenks. Getting pelters at Aberdeen (they have several fans' forums, but all agree he's shite).
2019: Tsongui. One out of three then - could be on a winner there.
2020: Narcus Ifill....................... we'll see.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Zeqiri was in the global next-gen version for 2016.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Jack hinshelwood does become a professional that would make him the third generation of the same family to be a pro. Has that ever happened before? If it has has there ever been three generations associated with the same club?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I believe Grandad and Dad played in the same game at least once for Iceland.

Eidur made his Iceland debut coming off the bench replacing his dad, so yes they did play in the same game but not at the same time

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If Jack hinshelwood does become a professional that would make him the third generation of the same family to be a pro. Has that ever happened before? If it has has there ever been three generations associated with the same club?

Jack would be the fourth generation: Wally, his sons Martin and Paul, his grandson Adam (Paul's son) and his great-grandson Jack (Adam's son and Paul's grandson).

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Blimey. That has to be a record? I don't suppose Wally had anything to do with the Albion?

Well, he only passed away in 2018 at the age of 89 so he might have visited to see his grandson in action! I wonder if he was at Withdean on Boxing Day 2008 to see the finest moment in Adam's Albion career?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

The Maldini's have had 3 generations at AC Milan.

Leeds United have the Grays - Frank made 396 appearances, his son Andy had two spells 12 years apart and now Archie (Andy's son) is an U-16 schoolboy at the club (but already featuring regularly for the U-23s; he played the second half against Albion last month).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

It's a different sport but Sussex have had three Lenhams since I've been watching: Les, Neil and Archie

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here