Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Southend United. Ron Martin and The EFL.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Spent a few hours at looking at what is going on at SUFC ,therefore i would like advice/help about what is going on here ? Is R/M offloading debt and it appears SUFC have plenty of it onto his "business operations" what ever they maybe Genuine post because i have seen it at Bury and Macclesfield Town what was,The Moss Rose was never going to be property,Gigg Lane a good chance as for Roots Hall ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58817873

Apr 9, 2020
Unfortunately the man abandoned the wheel a decade ago chasing his stadium pipe dream, and what we've watched is a slow car crash ever since. Given the club's debts (to him), there's virtually no prospect of a buy out, and and even if there were, he won't sell until he gets housing on Roots Hall to secure his family's future.

In short, we're ****ed.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Very sorry to hear what's going on.

Having your assets taken from your club is the most painful thing that can happen to a football fan.

Try and get as much publicity as you can is the only thing I can suggest. But it's a long hard road to get someone like that out of your club and rebuild.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Very sorry to hear what's going on.

Having your assets taken from your club is the most painful thing that can happen to a football fan.

Try and get as much publicity as you can is the only thing I can suggest. But it's a long hard road to get someone like that out of your club and rebuild.

But it is possible . . . as we, and others, have proved. :amex:

Good luck with it anyway.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Unfortunately the man abandoned the wheel a decade ago chasing his stadium pipe dream, and what we've watched is a slow car crash ever since. Given the club's debts (to him), there's virtually no prospect of a buy out, and and even if there were, he won't sell until he gets housing on Roots Hall to secure his family's future.

In short, we're ****ed.

Nasty sense of deja vu here. As you will probably know we had our old ground sold from under us be a charlatan crook of a chairman but we just about pulled through in the end. Now we owe all our debt to our owner too. Fortunately he is a lifelong fan and his family have been involved with the club for decades, rather than someone just in it for whatever money he can get out of it like your man.

The fans have to stick together. We succeeded. Charlton got rid of their dodgy owner too. It can be done.

Good luck to you and your club.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Spent a few hours at looking at what is going on at SUFC ,therefore i would like advice/help about what is going on here ? Is R/M offloading debt and it appears SUFC have plenty of it onto his "business operations" what ever they maybe Genuine post because i have seen it at Bury and Macclesfield Town what was,The Moss Rose was never going to be property,Gigg Lane a good chance as for Roots Hall ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58817873

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stan Collymore invaded the pitch this weekend and decided to give a team talk, a little unorthodox but it seemed to work, I think Martins days are numbered now no doubt music to Southend supporters ears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here