Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pyecombe P & R

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anybody who used this for Arsenal game say how it was and if it will be used again

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
I'd be interested in that too, currently park in King George iv and use the Mill Road park n ride.

The only thing i thought was traffic jamming at the bottom of the A23.

Jul 7, 2003
My mate said it was full when he tried to get in but he was still able to get into Mill Road looks like it filled up very quickly / early.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I would guess it can only be rented to club for evening games, as would be used for equestrian stuff in the mornings.

So, hopefully open for the next few games.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
It was very wet and windy with massive puddles but that was due to the weather conditions. No signage that I could see to get there but we knew where it was as had used before. As above, stewards after the game were not clear where the pick up was. It was slightly different from where it was before but basically it was in the small car park at the end of the road above the Amex. Its harder for the buses to get away from there. Took approx 10 mins to get out once the bus was full. Also we were on the first bus out after the game and it seemed to be the only one there. I am not sure if people had to wait for buses after that one left but it was still chucking it down with rain. Once we got back to the P and R it was much easier to get home (Horsham) up the A23. In summary, swings and roundabouts.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I used it and preferred it to Mill Road. I got there early so not sure how full it was eventually but had to wait quite a while for the bus to depart. It was quite muddy and not too well lit either when we came back. We missed the first bus but a coach was just behind, took a while to get to the stop and back out again though as the stewards did absolutely nothing to give the bus priority. Once back at the car we were straight away as the access road leads straight onto the A23 so no queues at all. From arriving at the queue post match to getting going on my journey home was 10-15 minutes quicker than my Mill Road experience so far this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Personally it’s a shame. Travelling from the Midlands it probably saved me at least 30 mins if not more and was quicker to get away from the Amex too but hey ho - back to the racecourse for me

Driving down from the midlands, (M/A23 presumably), isn't it easier to use Mill Road? Wouldn't imagine circumnavigating the city to get to the Racecourse is too easy.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Driving down from the midlands, (M/A23 presumably), isn't it easier to use Mill Road? Wouldn't imagine circumnavigating the city to get to the Racecourse is too easy.

You would think so wouldn't you but bizarrely the only time I used it I found it took longer to get away after the game - mainly due to queuing time to get on the coach back from the Amex - maybe I’ll give it another go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here