Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Snus - have you heard of it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I’m an old git who has never touched an illegal substance so no judge at all, but apparently there is a serious addiction problem in footballers to Snus, which apparently is some kind of tobacco product. It’s banned from being sold in this country but apparently is still widely used because it’s not banned from personal usage and available to buy from other countries such as Sweden.

Trevor Sinclair is calling for it to be added to the list of banned substances footballers can’t use. Apparently there is increased cancer risk associated with this.

These facts are as per Talksport so normal warning that this may be all nonsense.

Do you use it? What is it? Why would a professional sportsman want it? Do you think any players at our club use it? I guess it is inevitable if it is as widespread as they are saying?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, it's just like a little bag of tabacco you put under your gums

My mate was a big user

It's not illegal, i'm pretty sure, just revolting

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will be along soon, it’s his current addiction of choice I beleive

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Isn't this like chewing baccy? Vardy was on it for years (and may still be for all I know)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
snuff..?? probably with a new name ....bettle nut , cocao or clove stick will have an equal effect , if you wanna get bent do a couple of blotters ffs...:rolleyes:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Attachments

• vardy.jpg
    vardy.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 281

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I’m an old git who has never touched an illegal substance so no judge at all, but apparently there is a serious addiction problem in footballers to Snus, which apparently is some kind of tobacco product. It’s banned from being sold in this country but apparently is still widely used because it’s not banned from personal usage and available to buy from other countries such as Sweden.

Trevor Sinclair is calling for it to be added to the list of banned substances footballers can’t use. Apparently there is increased cancer risk associated with this.

These facts are as per Talksport so normal warning that this may be all nonsense.

Do you use it? What is it? Why would a professional sportsman want it? Do you think any players at our club use it? I guess it is inevitable if it is as widespread as they are saying?

Are cigarettes on that footballer banned list as Snus is nowhere near as bad for you, and far less cancer causing?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You don't chew it, instead you stick a ball of it under your top lip!

You are right, it was some time ago, still made their teeth go brown though.
Because they put it in their mouth I assumed they were chewing or sucking on it like a sweet but it was explained what it was, I just forgot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here