Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Dementia and us - Allan Gilliver ex Albion BBC2

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Yes , was confirmed when he showed his team photo in the all white kit , 70-71 i think

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
What a powerful and sad programme that was.
While he was showing us his photos in the Albion kit it just bought all back to me.
I remember standing at the front of the North Stand when he was was playing.
Gilly gave his all to this club, I just hope the Albion are helping him and his wife out in his final days.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
What a powerful and sad programme that was.
While he was showing us his photos in the Albion kit it just bought all back to me.
I remember standing at the front of the North Stand when he was was playing.
Gilly gave his all to this club, I just hope the Albion are helping him and his wife out in his final days.

Yes a legend from the days before the big wages. Anyone fancy setting up a just giving page?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I remember him well as a great striker in the goldstone days. Would hope the PFA help ex players in these situations, particularly as their pay wasn’t great in those days.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He filled in when Alex Dawson was injured, before we brought in Willie Irvine, when I started going in 69. I'm afraid that I felt that he and Kenny Beamish were serial muffers, with Allan Allan Allan Gilliver the biggest muffer (until the brief cameo by muffer nouveaux, Alan Duffy).

Sad to read about the dementia, obviously. He won't be the last.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
My first game ... Albion v Halifax Town 70 or 71... Alan Gilliver scored a hat trick . After that I was hooked on The. Albion. I am sorry to read here of his illness. I will try and find the programme.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here