Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will the ticket exchange open for Man City (Oct 23 2021), and if so, when?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm creating this thread for purely selfish reasons - I'm waiting on the exchange opening for the Man City game so I can snap up two tickets side-by-side.

Mods - I'm fully aware there was a thread created for the Arsenal game, and if you deem that this should be merged, so be it. However, it would seem to make more sense to have a separate thread which CLEARLY relates to the City game that hopefully will alert other fans also waiting for the exchange to open (both buyers and sellers).

Obviously, if the exchange DOES open for City, it would be great if a MOD would update the title appropriately. Ta.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I've got tickets listed on exchange and am waiting too. Come on! The sooner they're on sale the sooner the club get the full price for them. Can imagine potential punters looking at the ticket site and seeing just wheelchair seats and being put off.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It does indeed seem SOMEWHAT bizarre that I'm gagging to buy a couple of tickets for the first match I will have seen in two-and-a-half years, and the actions of the club are currently stopping me from handing over my money.

My brother-in-law only ever goes when I am back home; if the exchange doesn't open until the day before (as I believe happened with the Arsenal game) there is a pretty high chance he might have changed his mind/made other plans by that stage.

PLEASE Albion will you let me give you a chunk of change? :shrug:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It does indeed seem SOMEWHAT bizarre that I'm gagging to buy a couple of tickets for the first match I will have seen in two-and-a-half years, and the actions of the club are currently stopping me from handing over my money.

My brother-in-law only ever goes when I am back home; if the exchange doesn't open until the day before (as I believe happened with the Arsenal game) there is a pretty high chance he might have changed his mind/made other plans by that stage.

Are you Albion+ members ?
If so I’m sure some kind hearted NSC season ticket holder, who can’t make the game, would be happy to share their ticket with you for this game ?
I think that’s how it works ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a sprinkling of tickets available now, although no pairs that I can see from a quick scan.

These tickets weren't available this morning - so has the exchange opened since?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are you Albion+ members ?
If so I’m sure some kind hearted NSC season ticket holder, who can’t make the game, would be happy to share their ticket with you for this game ?
I think that’s how it works ???

I am, but my BIL isn't, as he would be paying £25/£28 for absolutely no benefit (he has a fan number but not MyAlbion+).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] - there's a group of three together in E3F right now.

Screenshot 2021-10-05 at 22.18.54.png

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Can't wait to see all the ST holders in the East lower especially who haven't bothered all season suddenly appear for this one :shrug:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

2 tickets together currently available in W1D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What made me chuckle is people who actually buy the whole ‘need to know who’s in the stadium and name allocated to each ticket’ line the club spin out. As it’s simply not true - you can purchase multiple tickets under one fan number that are all emailed - so erm… it’s bollocks!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What made me chuckle is people who actually buy the whole ‘need to know who’s in the stadium and name allocated to each ticket’ line the club spin out. As it’s simply not true - you can purchase multiple tickets under one fan number that are all emailed - so erm… it’s bollocks!

Absolutely……….I called this out in an exchange with SS but it was ignored….

‘We have to know who occupies every seat’

‘I’ve just bought two ST Guest tickets and they are both in my name so you have literally no idea who is using them’

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I made this point to friends when getting Swansea tickets. I could have bought six in my name for that game!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

You are right about that. I couldn’t work out the contradiction with the 6 tickets rule for Swansea. By selling tickets in this way they have also rather undermined their own argument around not wishing STH to become unofficial ticket exchanges. In my opinion it all just comes down to supply and demand and the club clearly feels it is in a strong position. We’ll see, but the seats installed over the Summer may have changed the dynamic.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are right about that. I couldn’t work out the contradiction with the 6 tickets rule for Swansea. By selling tickets in this way they have also rather undermined their own argument around not wishing STH to become unofficial ticket exchanges. In my opinion it all just comes down to supply and demand and the club clearly feels it is in a strong position. We’ll see, but the seats installed over the Summer may have changed the dynamic.

I know I’m probably like a broken record but I just hate empty seats and restricting the Amex experience for others - I’ve taken non football fans before who loved the experience for example (for free!). It’s just got my goat - and I am normally very pro club and have been for years overall.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Update; yesterday the club put a number of seats up for sale that were not previously available. There are currently 25 to choose from. All single seats, so no pairs. Who knows whether these will sell and if they do whether there will be further batches released. I think the answer to the question in the thread title may be no. The exchange may not open until too late (or not at all) against Man City when to all intents and purposes it was sold out three weeks prior. If that happens then what is the point of the exchange ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know I’m probably like a broken record but I just hate empty seats and restricting the Amex experience for others - I’ve taken non football fans before who loved the experience for example (for free!). It’s just got my goat - and I am normally very pro club and have been for years overall.

I agree with you. I’ve taken friends now and again, on tickets left with me by other friends on holiday etc.
Those friends have returned to watch other games buying their own tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here