Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Conservative Party Conference

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lead Story on every news report on every channel for the last 3 days and nothing about it on the Main Board.

That's a little unusual isn't it :)

D

Deleted member 2719

I bet Andy Burnham is loving having all those Tories on his patch.:clap::clap:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Straight to the Bear Pit?

EDIT: I have a lot of time for Andy Burnham, he would be making a far better fist of it than Sir Starmer. Biding his Time?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not being on the main board might be because we all agree they're a bunch of arses. I give you the w@nker Oliver Dowden :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58804607

Clearly no real grasp of how things have changed - he can eff off if he thinks I'm ever going back to an office full time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not being on the main board might be because we all agree they're a bunch of arses. I give you the w@nker Oliver Dowden :

Clearly no real grasp of how things have changed - he can eff off if he thinks I'm ever going back to an office full time.

This. And those of us who want Boris out (and in my case, niche thought it may be, Starmer in) have got some years to wait before the gloves come off. Boris could do a big poo on the lecturn and it would affect nothing, presently.

I have oodles of time for the OP but, on this occasions, really, was there any need for that? ???

:wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

PS - I have been stonewalling my dimbot colleagues who are passing on the university's (i.e., Boris') diktat about face to face teaching. I just say 'I'll do it via Teams' and they all say 'right you are, matey, me old pal' and off they trot. :shrug:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If only you hadn't started a thread yesterday, people might actually believe this.
We should all take bets on how long he can resist making this one, (like the last one), all about the B word ... [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
PS - I have been stonewalling my dimbot colleagues who are passing on the university's (i.e., Boris') diktat about face to face teaching. I just say 'I'll do it via Teams' and they all say 'right you are, matey, me old pal' and off they trot. :shrug:

Ah Teams, as beloved by my University. Have blown out a Teams meeting tomorrow regarding my (Reduced) hours for 2021-22 as I'm doing 3 site jobs over next two days here in lovely Kent for Clients which will get me about 25% of what the University now thinks is OK as my annual pay.

No doubt I will get pelters but f*ck them, if I quit one of the MSc courses we run loses its accreditation with my professional body which leaves them up shit creek.:D

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Comedy show on this morning whereas a nodding yes man minister, Kit Malthouse, gave Johnson 10 out of 10 for honesty and integrity and kept a straight face at the same time.
Bloody funny it was.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah Teams, as beloved by my University. Have blown out a Teams meeting tomorrow regarding my (Reduced) hours for 2021-22 as I'm doing 3 site jobs over next two days here in lovely Kent for Clients which will get me about 25% of what the University now thinks is OK as my annual pay.

No doubt I will get pelters but f*ck them, if I quit one of the MSc courses we run loses its accreditation with my professional body which leaves them up shit creek.:D

I know. They are being such craven *****. Most of our administrators were once (and some still are) academics. No excuses.

Oh, and because we cocked up and have 750 students in our first year this year (it was 400 only 3 years ago) we are short staffed for tutorials, which are 'deemed' to be given on campus. We are employing 7 new 'teaching fellows' (basically kids who have just got their PhD) to help take up the slack, but they want proper staff who didn't previously teach on the course, like me, in too. I have always refused to do year 1 tutorials because they are structureless, based on some other fool's lecture, and a waste of time. Out of the kindness of my heart I have offered to do a few - online. No reply, Yet. We shall see..... :thumbsup:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I know. They are being such craven *****. Most of our administrators were once (and some still are) academics. No excuses.

Oh, and because we cocked up and have 750 students in our first year this year (it was 400 only 3 years ago) we are short staffed for tutorials, which are 'deemed' to be given on campus. We are employing 7 new 'teaching fellows' (basically kids who have just got their PhD) to help take up the slack, but they want proper staff who didn't previously teach on the course, like me, in too. I have always refused to do year 1 tutorials because they are structureless, based on some other fool's lecture, and a waste of time. Out of the kindness of my heart I have offered to do a few - online. No reply, Yet. We shall see..... :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, but my nephew has a PhD in neuroscience but has decided to be a trainee patent attorney (just updated to part qualified). I have a neighbour who has a PhD in biochemistry and cell biology, but is now a magician and another with a BSc in biochemistry, who is now a cabinet maker (Mounted my West Pier artefact on an oak base) Incredible the way career changes manifest.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here