Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many people would normally use your season ticket?

Well?

• Just me

Votes: 54 41.9%
  • Me + 1

Votes: 23 17.8%
  • Me + 2

Votes: 28 21.7%
  • Me + 3

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Me + 4

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Me + 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Even more

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Don’t have a season ticket

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
In regular times (before The Virus and The Charge), how many DIFFERENT people would typically use your season ticket over the course of a season?

(Just YOUR seat – not your kids’ etc)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mine - usually just one other, and only 1-2 games per season
Juniors - maybe 2, attending 1 game each with me instead of him

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Typically l only miss two, maybe three games a season, so no one else really gets the chance to use it. On the very odd occasion my friend's son has pretended to be me, but that was very rare indeed.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I’ll miss one game at most each season, and I always like to give the ticket to someone who can’t usually afford it.

Exactly. I always throw in my coach seat so someone would get travel and ticket for free. If they then spend money at the stadium, bonus to the club.

But now!!!! Tickets don't sell on the exchange and I can't expect people to pay money they don't have in case I can't go and happen to offer them my ticket. So the club get an empty seat and no secondary spend. Good decision I don't think.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With so many different KO times and changes ongoing changes to them it's no surprise that people have to miss games. I will miss more than 5 of this seasons home games, I'll do my best to make sure there's someone in my seat for all of them.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Normally miss 2-3 games a season due to holibobs etc.. And would give my ticket to a mate or 2 to let them go. Never asked or got anything for it.

Again they would spend money in the club and have a bum on a seat. Haven't bothered to list or try on the 2 games I've had to miss this season due to being a bit sick.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
Shift work, holidays ,always want my ticket used,not anymore.
Bring back cards.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I think I miss about 2/3 through holidays. Previously I'd give my card to my stepdad who'd usually give it to one of my siblings or extended family so my seat isn't empty. It'll be empty going forward. Too much of a faff now.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
In seasons past, if I couldn't go, I gave the card to one of my mates that I sit with so they could take someone that they didn't mind sitting next to. In the reverse situation, I would usually take one of two mates that are Brighton Supporters, but would rarely if ever buy a ticket these days, and occasionally, a nephew or niece. Never took money for the ticket, but do expect the recipient to get the first round in.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Already missed one and will probably miss one or two more this season. I would always give my season ticket to friends or family to use, usually different people but not always.

I was talking to a mate who has a season ticket for a different club and he said the club are fine with anyone sharing a ticket so long as it is not found to be for financial gain. Obviously difficult one to prove but it's exactly how is should be (and was).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I also miss one game a season if a home game clashes with my holiday (which it has done only twice). Given the ticket to someone who could otherwise not afford to go. Last time they came home with a stack of goodies from the store so money the club wont get this year as I'm missing Newcastle (H).

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once or twice a season when not going given to one of group i sit with so they can bring someone. They do the same.. On very few occasions have taken a friend or relative who for different reasons usually financial is unable to attend.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think I have missed one league game and one cup game in the Amex era, so my ticket is just me.

Both my sons have been through uni. Son number 1 gave his season ticket up and regretted it. In fact he still regrets it to this day, having been through the waiting list he has his seat back, just not the loyalty points. Son number 2 has asked me to keep his season ticket for now, but doesn't seem to be missing it half as much. When he had an under 21 ticket it was really difficult. Now at least it can be shared around and Son number 1s girlfriend often uses it, with my brother in law as back up. Setting it up was a pain, but for me at least it seems to be working quite well.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Would definitely get a season ticket if I could hand it around wily nilly to other people to use! Just think, for my three or four home games a season I'd only have to pay £25 or so rather than the usual £50 plus, and i'd get my money back for all the others. In fact even if three or four went unused I'd still break even compared to a normal year.

Result!

In fact I don't think there should be any tickets on sale for any games, if you want to go just borrow one off a season ticket holder, the club would be absolutely rolling in it from all the extra pies and merch they'd be selling, and they wouldn't have to employ any ticket office staff as it would all be handled by the STHs.

Double result!!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Two or Three, especially this time of year when unable to make games. I never charge, it’s usually my Brother or my Nephew that use it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Only on the very odd occasion when I couldn't attend, rather than let my Dad go on his own, I would give him my card so he could take a friend.

This season, if I can't go, I doubt he will be going either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As an armchair fan (sadly, and for various reasons) obviously I'm not involved in this. I have to say though, reading some of the above posts, it made me very sad. Passing on a ticket to friends and family - seems natural, and an intrinsic part of being a family club. The change from 'fans' to 'customers' wasn't a good thing to do, IMHO - now it actually seems to be heading to 'anti-fan'.
From a distance, this looks like control freak behaviour by the club. Not a good look - and such a shame since the club are doing so many other things so right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here