Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Rail works scheduled for next year

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This looks a bit nasty for those reliant on rail travel from/to Brighton etc.

“The closure, set to take place in February next year, will see engineers build an £11 million junction renewal near Haywards Heath, as well as a new underpass at Hassocks.

The work will see train services between Three Bridges, Brighton and Lewes suspended from February 19 to February 27, with supporting weekend work also taking place before and after the main closure.

Chris Fowler, customer services director for Southern, has moved to reassure commuters saying the company will ensure alternative transport is in place when the lines are closed.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19624152.disruption-brighton-main-line-set-nine-day-closure/

Oh and that period covers two home games :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To be fair to them they are bound to shove all the follow-up to the weekends to minimise loss of revenues from commuters. Sorry, I mean to minimise inconvenience to commuters on their way to work. What was I thinking? ??? :facepalm:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I really don’t know why all these major rail works could not of been done during all the lockdowns over the past year

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I really don’t know why all these major rail works could not of been done during all the lockdowns over the past year
I'm no expert but I imagine when half the country was at home was not the best time to make emergency changes to engineering works and move staff and equipment around the country!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
I'm no expert but I imagine when half the country was at home was not the best time to make emergency changes to engineering works and move staff and equipment around the country!

I'm sure this AND also these things probably take a lot of pre-planning, including putting in orders for materials early as there's bound to be loads of it. Not something that they'd have sitting around in a goods yard, I suspect.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
major engineering works are planned forward many years ahead. theres a whole bunch of engineering scheduled for East Croydon as they remodel Selhurst Junction and add another platform, that was being planned 3-4 years ago at least.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

Most builders were working during lockdown , no one using the railways , perfect time to do major work on the railways , the same with the roads ,no one using them great time to carry out work that was required

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
It takes years to plan this kind of work.

10172E86-99EE-4A13-BF26-6C9F1FCE0B28.jpeg

0F226D56-CD23-4A6B-BBE9-1A5FA6531C9A.jpeg

Anneka could’ve done it all over a weekend.

Time to bring her out of retirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here