Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time to reflect...

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I know the perceived wisdom is 10 games in, but with an international break upon us, it seems a good time to have a quick look at the table with all teams now having played a fair mix of home, away, top half, bottom half teams.

So who has surprised you, disappointed you, performed much better or much worse than expected etc ?

For me, two teams stand out as out performing all expectations, Brighton and Brentford. Both have had some hard games and come away with unexpected and very welcome points. Both have played some great football and shown some real grit. Both have had some luck but have shown enough for me at least to think both have a very real chance of mid to top half finishes

Leicester have to be the big surprise for poor results. Whilst not anywhere close to relegation form, they must surely be very unhappy with the start.

While Leeds have done poorly, its not unexpected, they seem to have been found out after a really good first season, is this a classic 2nd season syndrome scenario? With Fans starting to reralsise what we all knew last year-Bielsa is not the messiah

Palace have been OK, "nice" to see them attempt to play football again but results are very much that of a team in transition, all bluster but little to show for it. Doing better though than many on here thought they would.

The rest are pretty much around where expected, Some Arsenal fans slowly understanding that they are no longer at the top table, but are now mixing it with the rest of us, and will be towards the top of the "other 14" league

Of course it is early still, and a good run or bad one could see teams swapping ends of the table really quickly, but patterns are being formed, confidence is starting to be a mind set and for some teams an inevitable long drawn out relegation battle already seems inevitable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here